21 Healthy Dinner Salad Recipes
Published May 20, 2022, Updated Feb 14, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Have salad for dinner with these healthy and substantial salad recipes that are filling, delicious and easy to make!
When most people think of salads they envision a small plate with greens and a few additional veggies or a simple side dish, but I’m here to show you that salads can be so much more than that! With the right toppings you can make a salad that is colorful, bountiful and filling enough to serve as a meal.
Meal-sized salads are totally my thing and I’m all about eating a big ol’ salad for dinner!
A while back I shared my guide for how to build a healthy salad, which involves a good source of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. That said, I realize that a little inspiration is always nice so I’m sharing this dinner salad roundup with 21 salad recipes that you’ll actually enjoy serving for dinner.
I’ve broken down the salads by protein so you can easily skim the list and choose salads to try based on your favorite protein source(s) and what you have on hand.
I can’t wait for you to try these amazing salads.
Salads With Chicken
Blackened Chicken Cobb Salad
BBQ Chicken Salad
Thai Curry Chicken Salad
Pear Salad with Walnuts, Avocado and Grilled Chicken
Blueberry, Corn and Chicken Salad
Fuji Apple Salad
Salads with Turkey
Healthy Taco Salad
Salads With Salmon
Grilled Salmon Salad
Superfood Salmon Salad
Mediterranean Salmon Salad
Pistachio Salmon Salad
Salads with Shrimp
Caesar Salad with Shrimp
Grilled Shrimp Salad
Hearts of Palm Salad with Shrimp
Buffalo Cauilfower Salad
“Cheeseburger” Salad with Special Sauce
Vegan Cobb Salad
Blackened Tempeh Salad
Barley Salad with Chickpeas and Pears
Sautéed Mediterranean Lentil Salad
More Collections You Might Enjoy
- 18 Hearty Vegan Salads
- 21 High Protein Vegetarian Meals
- 30 High Protein Snack Recipes
- 18 Delicious Fall Salads
- 26 Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners
- 18 Breastfeeding Snacks for New Mamas
- The Best Breakfast Drinks
- 18 Best Ground Turkey Recipes
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes
Love these ideas? Be sure to check out all of the popular salad recipes on EBF!
21 Dinner Salad Recipes + Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce, about 2 romaine hearts
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced, or chopped dill pickles
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- honey mustard dressing
- Make dressing by blending all of the ingredients together.
- Place the ground turkey into a skillet over medium heat and cook meat for about 12 minutes, breaking the turkey with a spatula apart as it cooks. Once the meat is browned and fully cooked, stir in 1/4 cup diced red onion, ketchup, Worchestire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Toss to combine and remove from heat.
- Prep salads by adding a bed of romaine to each bowl. Top each salad with toppings: seasoned turkey meat, red onion, tomatoes, pickles, shredded cheese and avocado slices. Drizzle on dressing and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
During the summer I’m all about salads for dinner. In fact, my hubs will get home and he’s all “what’s for dinner?” and my response is “obnoxiously large salad.” It’s the best way to taste summer!
Totally agree! With so much fresh produce available during the summer months there’s no reason NOT to have salad every night. 🙂
Love this so much! I eat a salad every day and I love having new ideas! 🙂
Good Article! I don’t think that salad can be processed these varieties. I like…
Thank you for sharing these salad recipes to us. When it comes to my health and diet, I try focus more on finding the foods that I enjoy. Salads are really healthy, and your recipe made may go-to meal super-tasty! I love these inspirations for making salad one of my favorite dishes. They’re absolutely delicious and these recipes are great on the go.
Wow, this a great article! I very like salad. Everyday, I make salad for my son.
Thank you so much !
Looks so delicious for healthy food! hope my family will approve my cooking 😀
Thanks for sharing!
What a great-tasting and easy recipe! I made this exactly as written and it came out great. I would definitely make this recipe again! Thanks for your nice share.
See More Comments