18 Best Ground Turkey Recipes
Published Feb 14, 2023, Updated Sep 18, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Looking for ways to use ground turkey? Here are a variety of delicious healthy ground turkey recipes that are sure to be a hit!
Let’s talk turkey… ground turkey that is!
Ground turkey is a staple that we pretty much always have on hand. In general, I prefer to cook with ground turkey over ground beef because it’s a leaner protein and lower in saturated fat. Plus, it has a milder flavor, which makes it such a versatile protein that compliments a variety of meals nicely.
I do have one ground beef recipe on EBF (this no bean chili) and a handful of ground chicken recipes most of my ground meat recipes are turkey so I’m putting them all into one post so you can easily find them when you need them.
Ground Turkey vs. Ground Beef
Overall, ground turkey is a leaner meat than ground beef. If you’re using 99% lean ground turkey it will have fewer calories and fat than ground beef. If you’re comparing 93% ground turkey with 93% ground beef, the calories and fat are relatively the same, but ground turkey has less saturated fat. Saturated fat is something that’s good to limit because it can raise your LDL “bad” cholesterol and put you at higher risk for heart disease.
Ground Turkey Recipes
The great thing about ground turkey is that there are so many ways to use it! I’ve compiled my favorite ground turkey recipes below covering everything from burgers and casseroles to soups and salads.
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Spinach Turkey Meatballs
Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili
Ground Turkey Tacos
Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Turkey Eggplant Casserole
5-Ingredient Turkey Zucchini Boats
Turkey Cauliflower Baked Ziti
Turkey Marinara over Zucchini Noodles
Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Healthy Taco Salad
Spaghetti Squash Taco Bake
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Taco Zucchini Boats
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
More Recipe Collections You Might Enjoy
- 6 Tasty Salads with Corn
- 18 Hearty Vegan Salads
- 30+ High-Protein Breakfast Recipes
- How to Cook Tempeh + Tempeh Recipes
- 12 Almond Milk Recipes
- 50+ Healthy Labor Day Recipes
- 50+ Healthy Cookout Recipes
- 28 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Crave
- The Best Breakfast Drinks
- 37 Healthy Game Day Recipes
- 50+ Vegetable Side Dishes
- 10+ Ways to Use Shredded Chicken
- 30+ High Protein Lunch Recipes
- 50 Healthy Fall Dinner Recipes
- 100 Healthy Baking Recipes
18 Best Ground Turkey Recipes + Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 ⅓ cup tomato sauce, divided
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook brown rice if you haven’t already.
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds and discard. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, brown ground turkey with chopped onions and garlic. Use a spatula to break ground turkey into small pieces while it cooks. It should be fully cooked after 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add rice, 1 cup tomato sauce (save remaining 1/3 cup for later), Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cinnamon to the pan. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add halved bell peppers to a 9×13 baking dish. If the peppers are leaning too much, you can trim the bottom of the pepper to help it lay flat in the pan without the stuffing falling out.
- Stuff each bell pepper with about 1/2 cup of the turkey and rice mixture and top each with 1 Tablespoon tomato sauce and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Carefully pour 1 cup water in between peppers in the bottom of the pan to help steam the peppers while baking.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and place peppers back in the oven uncovered for about 5 minutes more, until cheese melts and peppers are soft. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.