A vegan Cobb salad recipe that gives you all of the delicious flavors of a traditional Cobb salad along with 19 grams of plant-based protein! Vegan, gluten-free and a perfect #saladeveryday meal-sized salad.
- 12 cups baby spinach, spring mix or chopped romaine
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (about 2 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 slices cooked tempeh bacon, sliced
- 1–2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese (optional)
- Fresh dill (optional)
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl or glass jar.
- Cook tempeh bacon according to package instructions, if you haven’t already.
- Divide the greens among 4 containers if you’re
making this for meal prep. Arrange equal portions
of chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn, red onion, tempeh bacon and cheese on top of the greens.
- Just before serving, top salad with avocado and 2-3 Tablespoons of the red wine vinaigrette or your favorite dressing. Garnish with fresh dill, if using.
- For mason jar salads: Add 2-3 Tablespoons of dressing to a wide-mouth quart size mason jar. Add ingredients in the following order: onion, carrots, cucumber, chickpeas, corn and tempeh bacon. Add greens and top with cheese. When ready to serve, shake mason jar and dump contents into a bowl. Top with avocado and garnish with fresh dill, if using.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 salad w/ out cheese + dressing
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 953mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 20g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan cobb salad