A vegan Cobb salad recipe that gives you all of the delicious flavors of a traditional Cobb salad along 19g of plant-based protein! Vegan, gluten-free and a perfect #saladeveryday meal-sized salad.
Is there anyone out there that doesn’t enjoy a good Cobb salad? It’s hands down one of my favorite types of salads to make. There are so many ways to change it up and keep it exciting, plus it’s loaded with toppings that make you feel satisfied and full.
I eat meat so I make this blackened chicken Cobb salad all the time, but I wanted to create a vegan Cobb salad for everyone wanting a little more plant-based protein in their life. This salad has a lot of similar components to a traditional Cobb salad, just with a vegan upgrade.
They both have greens as a base. I love using baby spinach, spring mix or chopped romaine. Both have extra veggies for additional flavors and texture. I’ve chosen to add grape tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn and onion, but feel free to make up your own combo of veggies!
Now here’s where it gets different… protein! Instead of traditional bacon or even turkey bacon, we’re using tempeh bacon. If you’re not a meat eater, you’ve got to try this! For tempeh, I love the Lightlife brand. They have prepackaged tempeh bacon or you can use my tempeh bacon recipe.
Instead of using chicken or turkey for the star of the show, I’m using chickpeas. I kept it simple and just used canned chickpeas but you can always season and roast them for some extra crunch! I topped the salad with sliced avocado for a little creaminess, fresh dill and finished it off with a light red wine dressing. It’s the bomb.com — I hope you love it.
A vegan Cobb salad recipe that gives you all of the delicious flavors of a traditional Cobb salad along with 19 grams of plant-based protein! Vegan, gluten-free and a perfect #saladeveryday meal-sized salad.
- 12 cups baby spinach, spring mix or chopped romaine
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (about 2 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 slices cooked tempeh bacon, sliced
- 1–2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese (optional)
- Fresh dill (optional)
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl or glass jar.
- Cook tempeh bacon according to package instructions, if you haven’t already.
- Divide the greens among 4 containers if you’re
making this for meal prep. Arrange equal portions
of chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn, red onion, tempeh bacon and cheese on top of the greens.
- Just before serving, top salad with avocado and 2-3 Tablespoons of the red wine vinaigrette or your favorite dressing. Garnish with fresh dill, if using.
- For mason jar salads: Add 2-3 Tablespoons of dressing to a wide-mouth quart size mason jar. Add ingredients in the following order: onion, carrots, cucumber, chickpeas, corn and tempeh bacon. Add greens and top with cheese. When ready to serve, shake mason jar and dump contents into a bowl. Top with avocado and garnish with fresh dill, if using.
- Serving Size: 1 salad w/ out cheese + dressing
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 953mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 20g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan cobb salad
If you haven’t heard of it already, I offer a FREE 5-day salad challenge! The goal is to eat one meal-sized salad every day for five days #saladeveryday. The challenge comes with a clean eating meal plan, recipes and a grocery shopping list! Did I mention it’s free? Zero dollars. Click here to join!