30+ Healthy On-the-Go Breakfast Ideas
Published Aug 09, 2022, Updated Oct 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Never skip breakfast again! Here are 30+ healthy on-the-go breakfast recipes for busy weekday mornings, plus a recipe for baked egg cups.
Although research has proven that it’s okay to skip breakfast if you’re not hungry I’m still a big proponent of starting my day with a healthy meal. Breakfast gives you the energy you need to be productive throughout the morning and it can help prevent overeating and cravings later in the day. Plus, breakfast foods are delicious (eggs, oatmeal, pancakes – yuuuum!!).
All this being said, I get that some mornings are crazy and it’s easy to get caught in the habit of skipping breakfast. That’s why I’ve put together this post with over 30 healthy on-the-go breakfast recipes. These easy breakfast ideas can be made ahead of time, travel well and taste delicious so you no longer have an excuse to skip breakfast. Just grab and go!
Tips for Breakfast Meal Prep
- Plan ahead – knowing what you’re going to make for the week is the best way to ensure that you’ll actually meal prep it, you’ll have all the ingredients on hand and you’ll definitely have something to eat for breakfast for the week! Take out the guessing game and decision fatigue by planning accordingly.
- Keep it simple – this is not the time to prepare elaborate and impressive breakfasts. The idea is to make things as easy as possible. Easy to make and protein-packed recipes are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts!
- Pick balanced recipes – protein is important for staying full longer, but don’t forget about healthy fats (avocados!) and carbohydrates (whole grains!). You need all 3 for a well-balanced meal. Bonus points if you can make sure you’re getting vitamins and antioxidants like vitamin c, calcium, potassium and iron.
- Make it portable – as much as I love the idea of sitting down to eat breakfast, it’s usually not a reality. Making sure you can actually grab-and-go with your breakfast will make all the difference!
Healthy On-The-Go Breakfast Ideas
Egg White Bites
Egg, Spinach and Feta Breakfast Wrap
Berry Baked Oatmeal Bars
Baked Oatmeal Cups (4 Variations)
Easy Chia Pudding
Easy Overnight Oats
Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Protein Overnight Oats
One Pan Baked Oatmeal
Pumpkin Seed and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
Blueberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
How to Make a Protein Shake
How to Make a Smoothie
Morning Glory Muffins
Healthy Carrot Raisin Muffins
Strawberry Protein Muffins
High Protein Blueberry Muffins
Double Chocolate Protein Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
No Bake Cereal Bars
Pumpkin Protein Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free)
No Bake Protein Balls
No Bake Energy Balls
Date Energy Balls
Blueberry Muffin Energy Balls
More Recipe Collections You Might Enjoy
- 18 Hearty Vegan Salads
- 12 Healthy Meal-Sized Salads
- 6 Tasty Salads with Corn
- 16 Tofu Recipes That You’ll Crave
- 30+ High-Protein Breakfast Recipes
- How to Cook Tempeh + Tempeh Recipes
- How to Make Almond Milk + Almond Milk Recipes
- The BEST Healthy Tahini Recipes
- 18 Best Ground Turkey Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Drinks
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes
- 50 Healthy Fall Dinner Recipes
- 100 Healthy Baking Recipes
- 25 Healthy Muffin Recipes
- 10 Healthy Halloween Treats
Baked Egg Muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites, or another 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- cooking spray, I use coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper or silicone liners. I sprayed the silicone baking cups with spray, just to be on the safe side.
- Place eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil. Add in chopped veggies (bell pepper, onion, broccoli and mushrooms) and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until they’re a little soft and the onions are fragrant.
- Add sautéed veggies into the bowl with the whisked eggs. Add in feta and parsley and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin cups evenly. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour each one.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the egg cups are no longer jiggly and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cups to cool and enjoy immediately.
- Storage: If prepping ahead of time, store cooled cups in a sealed container in the fridge. When ready to eat, you can enjoy the cups cold or pop them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to reheat.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.