Make your own healthy, naturally sweet snack bites with this recipe for blueberry energy balls. They really do taste like blueberry muffins!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 12-14), pitted
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Place almonds and cashews into food processor and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces. Place nut mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Put dates into the food processor and pulse until a paste forms (the dates will probably form into a sticky ball).
- Add nuts back into the processor with the dates. Add in blueberries, vanilla, lemon juice and sea salt. Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Scoop dough from the food processor using a small/medium cookie scoop and roll into balls using your hands. You should get about 25 balls.
- Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for 1-2 months.
- The dough may seem a little loose or crumbly at first, but it should be sticky enough to form into balls. If it seems way too crumbly, your dates may have been too dry. Simply add a little water (starting with 1-2 teaspoons) until the mixture is sticky enough to hold together and form into balls.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: blueberry energy balls