Similar to the Starbucks breakfast wrap, this healthy egg and hummus breakfast wrap is stuffed with spinach, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and feta.
Morning! I hope your day is off to a great start. I’m pumped because today I have a breakfast recipe that’s different than most of the other breakfast recipes I’ve shared here on EBF previously. And by different I mean it doesn’t involve oatmeal. 😉
It’s nothing too crazy — basically just an egg and veggie scramble in a wrap — but it’s seriously so good. I eat eggs for breakfast all the time but there’s something about this wrap that makes them extra delicious. I personally think it’s a combo of the hummus, sun-dried tomatoes and feta! You’ll have to try it and tell me what you think.
So normally I don’t think about eating hummus for breakfast but after trying this wrap I’m convinced that hummus actually works pretty well as a breakfast spread. I’m excited to experiment even more with using hummus for the first meal of the day… maybe I’ll try a hummus version of my Sweet and Savory Veggie Sausage Muffin next.
Scrambles for breakfast are awesome because they make it super easy to get in a serving or two of veggies before noon. For this scramble, I used my go-to veggies — onions, mushrooms and spinach. These are veggies I seem to always have on hand, but feel free to switch things up based on what you have in your fridge. I bet this wrap would be equally delicious with a different green veggie (think baby kale, broccoli, beet greens, or swiss chard) or a variety of other veggies like garlic, shallots, sliced bell pepper, sweet potatoes, tomatoes or fresh salsa.
The same goes for the flavor of hummus and the type of cheese. I used Sabra’s sun-dried tomato hummus and feta cheese, which was delicious, but I’m sure there are some other amazing combos out there!
Even if hummus for breakfast seems a little odd to you, I hope you’ll give this wrap a try! Not only is it quick to make but it requires only a few ingredients and it’s portable as well. If you need to take it with you on the go, you can simply use a little foil to wrap it up and head out the door. The foil will keep the wrap together and help to keep it relatively warm. Enjoy!Print
A quick, easy, healthy breakfast recipe featuring an egg and veggie scramble wrapped in a whole grain tortilla with hummus, feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 whole grain tortilla (I used Ezekiel Sprouted Grain)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sabra hummus (any flavor will work)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta
- 1 Tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and sauté onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté for a few minutes longer, until spinach has wilted.
- Add egg and egg whites to pan with veggies and cook for about 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. While cooking sprinkle on a little sea salt and ground pepper.
- Warm up the tortilla and the spread on a layer of hummus. Place the egg scramble in the center of the tortilla and top with sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper as well as hot sauce, if using.
- Wrap tortilla up and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26g
This post brought to you by Sabra Dipping Co, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.