A simple, delicious breakfast bowl (aka sautéed breakfast salad) with sautéed greens, roasted veggies and two fried eggs! You’ll feel so good after starting your day with this combo of protein, healthy fat and veggies. Low carb, gluten-free and vegetarian.
Ready for one of the easiest breakfast recipes ever? This recipe was inspired by two things: my love of salads and my sweet + savory egg and oatmeal combo bowl. This bowl just has less grains and more greens!
I know some people think a salad for breakfast is weird, but in case you haven’t noticed I’m attempting to change your mind. Previously I’ve posted a fall harvest breakfast salad and a blueberry breakfast salad, but today we’re getting even more classic — a breakfast bowl with veggies and eggs!
Let’s talk about why this breakfast salad recipe is so great:
- It is super simple!
- I love the combination of textures and flavors.
- It reminds me of something you would find at a trendy brunch restaurant.
- You start your day off with loads of veggies right off the bat! Hello energy!
- You can check off your #saladeveryday… before noon.
- You can make this recipe work for your taste buds. Like a particular green? Want a low carb breakfast — stick with low carb roasted veggies like cauliflower. Need more energy? Toss in some roasted sweet potatoes!
Just don’t forget the dill! I’ve shared my love for dill on my Instagram stories but I have to make sure all of you know about my secret salad weapon. Are you a fan of dill? I feel like my childhood consists of dill-packed potato salads and pickles which left a literal bad taste in my mouth.
I’m so glad I decided to give dill another chance as an adult because it is a game changer with salads! It elevates all of the flavors to a whole new level. It brings a level of freshness, allows all of the flavors to shine, and leaves a little kick in your mouth (in a good way!). Buy one pack of fresh dill and use a little each day throughout the week for some tasty salads! Promise me you’ll give dill a chance, mmk?
And don’t forget to snag some microgreens while you’re at it — these babies are so nutrient dense and make salads look so pretty.Print
This bowl is packed with sautéed greens, two fried eggs and roasted veggies! You’ll feel so good after starting your day with this combo of protein and healthy fat.
- 2–3 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 2–3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 –3 cups baby greens (spinach, kale or your favorite green)
- 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower or roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/3 avocado, sliced
- fresh dill
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add greens and roasted cauliflower and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or just until greens begin to wilt.
- Transfer veggies to a salad bowl and then crack two eggs into the same pan, adding a little more oil if needed. Cook eggs to desired consistency (I like mine sunny side up) sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on top of sautéed greens. Top bowl with microgreens, fresh dill and sliced avocado. Serve with more salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired.
- For roasted cauliflower/sweet potatoes: Spread 3-4 cups of chopped veggies on a large baking sheet or stone and toss with 1-2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes at 425°F or until the veggies have browned and become tender. Be sure to toss the veggies at least once while roasting.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl w/ 2 eggs + cauliflower
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: eggs and greens, breakfast salad
I can’t wait for you to try this sautéed breakfast salad! Once you do, come back and leave me a comment (and a star rating) letting me know how it turned out for you!