Grain-free carrot raisin muffins made with almond and coconut flour. Loaded with cinnamon flavor and studded with raisins, these moist almond flour muffins are sweet without being too sweet and lovely topped with a little coconut butter.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THESE GRAIN-FREE CARROT MUFFINS:
Through experimenting with gluten-free baking, I’ve found that my favorite flours are almond flour, coconut flour and oat flour. Mainly because I feel that almond flour and oat flour give the closest texture to regular flour when it comes to things like cookies and muffins. I’ll occasionally buy a gluten-free flour blend for certain recipes, but these three flours are the ones you’ll see used most often here on EBF.
I’m excited because today’s recipe is a carrot raisin spin on my chocolate chip almond flour muffins I posted last year and they’re delightful. Moist, with a light and fluffy texture and the most delicious cinnamon raisin sweetness.
Check out that muffin top…
For this recipe I used nuts.com products — I love their organic blanched almond flour for baking and their royal raisins are HUGE. It’s hard to tell from there photos, but they’re bigger than your standard raisin and they taste amazing.
We all know that when it comes to cinnamon raisin baked goods, the raisins are the best part so the bigger they are, the better. At least that’s how I see it.
Massive raisin bites, FTW.
As an added bonus, the muffins are loaded with good for you ingredients, grain-free, gluten-free and paleo. And I have to mention, that they’re incredible with a little coconut butter drizzled on top!
Highly recommend the coconut butter drizzle!!Print
Grain-free carrot raisin muffins made with almond and coconut flour. Loaded with cinnamon flavor and studded with raisins, these moist muffins are sweet without being too sweet and lovely topped with a little coconut butter.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or coconut nectar)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2-3 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup royal raisins
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, honey and coconut sugar. Stir in grated carrots.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in raisins.
- Pour or scoop dough into a muffin tin with lightly greased silicone liners or regular cupcake liners. Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and enjoy!
- Let the muffins cool and enjoy. Top with frosting or coconut butter if you wish.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
Keywords: almond flour muffins, cinnamon raisin muffins
This post is sponsored by nuts.com, but as always opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make EBF possible.