Cookies for breakfast…what could be better?! I love making these blueberry sweet potato breakfast cookies when I meal prep on weekends to have healthy breakfasts and snacks ready to enjoy throughout the week. Vegan + gluten-free.
Healthy blueberry studded sweet potato breakfast cookies that are perfect for meal prep!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add 1 cup of oats to a blender or food processor and process until the texture is similar to quick oats, almost oat flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, processed oats, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and ginger. Whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add mashed sweet potato, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Use a ¼-cup to scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or baking stone. Use your hands to form the dough into a round, flat cookie shape and make sure the blueberries are situated on top of the cookie.
- Bake until the cookies are golden and firm around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Keep leftover cookies at room temperature for up to 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For the baked sweet potato, wash your sweet potato, use a fork to poke several holes in the sweet potato. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes. Cool, remove skin, and mash with a fork or puree in blender. Can be made up to 4 days in advance.
- Inspired and adapted from Run Fast Eat Slow.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato breakfast cookies