These blueberry cobbler overnight oats are loaded with blueberries and topped with a crunchy, gluten-free crumble. It’s like having a dessert for breakfast, but still healthy!
Remember that time I took leftover berry cobbler and made overnight oats out of it? Gah, it was so delicious! I would have it for breakfast every morning if I could.
Sadly it’s not too often that I have cobbler sitting around. I decided to remedy this situation by recreating a version of blueberry cobbler overnight oats that can be made any day of the week. No leftover cobbler necessary.
It was actually easier than I anticipated and turned out to be just as tasty (and much prettier) than the original version.
Just in case you’re new to overnight oats, here’s the quick and dirty: Overnight oats are simply old fashioned, rolled oats (not instant) that soak up liquid overnight in the fridge. You can use any type of liquid you’d like. My favorite is almond milk because it makes the oats extra creamy. To give the oats a boost of protein I like to add Greek yogurt or protein powder to the mix. For this recipe I used brown rice protein powder instead of yogurt to keep it dairy-free.
When you take the oats out of the fridge in the morning, you give them a stir, top ‘em with whatever toppings you’d like and dive in. There’s no cooking required, which makes them quick and easy — perfect for weekday mornings!
You can keep your overnight oat toppings simple or you can go all out like I did for this blueberry cobbler version.
Do you see that crunchy, golden crumble on top? It’s perfection.
Everyone knows the best part of cobbler is the topping — same goes for these oats! The overnight oats are good (I love the hidden blueberries in there), but the crumble topping is where it’s at.
Don’t let the simple ingredient list of oats, oat flour, organic cane sugar, sliced almonds, cinnamon and coconut oil fool you. Once combined it hardens up a little and makes for a sweet and crunchy topping, similar to what you’d find on top of a blueberry cobbler.
Oh and in case you’re wondering, I’m all for doubling the topping and loading it on and/or snacking it on it while making coffee in the morning. Not that I did that or anything. 😉
These overnight oats are loaded with blueberries and topped with a crunchy, gluten-free crumble. It’s like having a dessert for breakfast, but still healthy!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup fresh blueberries (plus more for topping)
- ½ Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 Tablespoon oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon organic cane sugar
- ½ Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients (besides those for the topping) in a container and stir until well combined. Seal with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare the crumble topping by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. (This can be done the night before as well.)
- Bring out of the fridge in the morning and stir. You’ll notice that the protein powder, oats and chia seeds soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk before serving. Portion overnight oats into two containers, top each with the crumble topping and a few extra blueberries. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 17g