A simple recipe for flourless blueberry protein pancakes with egg whites, banana and protein powder. They’re so easy to whip up and taste great!
I’m excited because I have a quick and easy breakfast recipe to share. It’s one of my favorite pancake recipes ever so get excited.
Protein Pancake Inspiration
Honestly, I was never a pancake lover because I didn’t grow up eating them. We were more of a biscuit and gravy family, but after trying protein pancakes for the first time about 5 years ago I became hooked. I now have protein pancakes for breakfast at least once a week and sometimes I’ll them as a snack.
The first protein pancake recipe I tried was from the Tone It Up nutrition plan. It was easy and absolutely delicious and totally turned me into a pancake lover.
Today’s recipe is inspired by the original Tone It Up recipe I fell in love with years ago, but spruced up a bit based on my current technique and tastes.
Protein Pancake Tips
Over the years I’ve made so many protein pancakes and I’ve learned a few tips for making the perfect pancake every time.
- Use non-stick spray and cook over a low heat. If you use medium to high heat the outside of the pancake will heat too fast and burn before the center is set.
- You’ll know the pancake is ready to flip when little bubbles appear across the pancake and you can easily get your spatula under the pancake.
- I like using the batter to make three small pancakes for one serving instead of making one large pancake. They tend to cook faster, they’re easier to flip and it feels like you get more to eat! As a volume eater, this makes me happy!
If you try these blueberry protein pancakes be sure to let me know how they turn out by leaving a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers.Print
Easy and delicious blueberry protein pancakes made with protein powder, egg whites and banana. You’ll love these topped with a drizzle of nut butter and maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- almond milk, if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- cooking spray (I like using coconut or avocado oil spray)
- non-stick pan
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites, protein powder and flaxseed with a fork or whisk until all the protein powder is dissolved. I find that a whisk does a great job for mixing in the protein powder.
- Stir in the mashed banana and then add the blueberries
- Spray a medium sized non-stick pan with cooking spray and set heat to low-medium (I use the number 3 on my stove). The lower heat is the key to making sure the pancake doesn’t burn.Pour in pancake batter and cook until little bubbles form (about 5 minutes).
- Make sure the pancake is “set-up” enough before you try flipping it or else you’ll end up with a scramble. Carefully flip the pancake over to the other side. Cook until pancake is done in the middle. It typically takes another 2-3 minutes. Place pancake on a plate, top with coconut oil (it will melt) and then add the chia seed jam.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: blueberry protein pancake