Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Published May 31, 2019, Updated Nov 14, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A simple recipe for blueberry protein pancakes, made with egg whites, banana and protein powder. They’re so easy to whip up and taste great!
I’m excited about this quick and easy blueberry protein pancake recipe. It’s one of my favorite pancake recipes ever!
Protein Pancake Inspiration
Honestly, I was never a pancake lover because I didn’t grow up eating them. We were more of a biscuit and gravy family, but after trying protein pancakes for the first time about five years ago, I became hooked. I now have protein pancakes for breakfast at least once a week and sometimes I’ll even enjoy them as a snack.
The first protein pancake recipe I tried was from the Tone It Up nutrition plan. It was easy and absolutely delicious and totally turned me into a pancake lover.
Today’s recipe is inspired by the original Tone It Up recipe I fell in love with years ago, but I spruced up a bit based on my current technique and tastes.
Protein Pancake Tips
Over the years, I’ve made so many protein pancakes and I’ve learned a few tips for making the perfect pancake every time.
- Use non-stick spray and cook over a low heat. If you use medium to high heat, the outside of the pancake will heat too fast and burn before the center is set.
- You’ll know the pancake is ready to flip when little bubbles appear across the pancake and you can easily get your spatula under the pancake.
- I like using the batter to make three small pancakes for one serving instead of making one large pancake. They tend to cook faster, they’re easier to flip and it feels like you get more to eat! As a volume eater, this makes me happy!
More Pancake Recipes
- Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
- Banana Oat Pancakes for Babies
- Apple Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Overnight Oatmeal Pancakes
- Protein Pancakes
More Protein-Packed Recipes
- Protein Balls
- Protein Oatmeal
- Protein Cookie Dough
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Protein Muffins
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Bowl
- Protein Bars
Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- almond milk, if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- cooking spray, I like using coconut or avocado oil spray
- non-stick pan
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites and protein powder with a fork or whisk until all the protein powder is dissolved. I find that a whisk does a great job for mixing in the protein powder.
- Stir in the mashed banana and add the blueberries. If the pancake mixture seems too thick you can add a splash of almond milk to thin it out a bit.
- Spray a medium sized non-stick pan with cooking spray and set heat to low-medium (I use the number 3 on my stove). The lower heat is the key to making sure the pancake doesn’t burn. Pour in pancake batter and cook until little bubbles form (about 5 minutes).
- Make sure the pancake has set enough before you try flipping it, or else you’ll end up with a scramble. Carefully flip the pancake over to the other side. Cook until pancake is done in the middle (typically takes another 2-3 minutes). Place pancake on a plate, top with your favorite pancake toppings. I like these with a drizzle of peanut butter and extra blueberries.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.