Breakfast and dessert in one! These peanut butter cup overnight oats combine chocolate and peanut butter for a delicious, filling breakfast that are on regular rotation in my house this summer.
Overnight oats will forever be my favorite quick summer breakfast. I love being able to throw them together the night before and have a delicious, filling, chilled breakfast to enjoy! I have many overnight oat recipes on Eating Bird Food — like these summer fruit overnight oats or these zucchini bread overnight oats — but I was inspired to create a new recipe using one of my favorite flavor combinations… peanut butter + chocolate.
The base recipe for any overnight oats recipe is usually simply oats and liquid. I typically use non-dairy milk (like an unsweetened vanilla almond milk) but use what you prefer! I like using the milk over water because it adds extra flavor and makes the oats creamier.
WATCH THE PEANUT BUTTER CUP OVERNIGHT OATS VIDEO:
I prefer to add some extra ingredients before refrigerating overnight just so the flavors can really marry – this is especially important for the protein powder so that it can dissolve and combine overnight. In the morning, all you have to do is add the toppings and enjoy!
These peanut butter cup overnight oats are amazing because they combine chocolate and peanut butter. Best combo ever, right? The oats are packed with flavor from the chocolate protein powder, chocolate chips and peanut butter, but if you’re looking for a little more chocolate flavor, I highly recommend topping them with my chocolate grain-free granola. It’s so good!
I also love overnight oats for on-the-go breakfasts. They’re great for bringing to the office for a healthy breakfast and great for traveling!
I have been known to travel with overnight oats and they’ve always made it through security, but you could also prep overnight oats for travel by putting dry oats and any other perishable ingredients in a mason jar, and then add the liquid when you get to your destination. A little Eating Bird Food travel hack for you. 😉
Breakfast and dessert in one! These peanut butter cup protein overnight oats are a delicious, filling breakfast that are on regular rotation in my house this summer.
- 1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk (or other non-dairy milk/liquid of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter (divided)
- Add oats, protein powder, milk, vanilla and ½ Tablespoon of peanut butter to a bowl or jar. Stir or shake well to combine, until all the protein powder has dissolved. Seal container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove bowl or jar from the fridge and stir/shake the mixture. You’ll notice that the oats soak up a lot of the liquid, so you may want to add a little more milk before serving.
- Top oats with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter for serving.
- Chocolate protein powder works great in this recipe, but chocolate peanut butter protein powder is amazing as well.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 499
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 239mg
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: peanut butter overnight oats, peanut butter cup oatmeal, peanut butter cup overnight oats
On a peanut butter + chocolate kick? Check out these other tasty recipes:
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you try these peanut butter cup overnight oats definitely leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback makes my day and is super helpful for other EBF readers as well.