I’m so excited to finally share some big news with you all. After months of searching and putting offers on six different houses, Isaac and I are officially home owners! We closed on our new home yesterday and are in the process of moving everything in this weekend.
A ton of our amazing friends and family helped us out yesterday and we were able to get all the big stuff (including our bed) into the new house so we actually slept there last night!! Boxes are literally everywhere but we really love the house and it already feels like home.
Cheers to new beginnings!
This post is going to be quick because we still have a lot of cleaning to do today, but I HAD to pop in to share the news and the recipe for these delicious little cookies.
I think they should be called packing procrastination cookies because last week when I should have been packing away all of the kitchen stuff I was baking cookies instead. Oops.
Oh well! They were easy to whip up, only required one bowl and they definitely came in handy on the nights that we were up until the wee hours packing.
Plus they have the winning combo of peanut butter, chocolate and coconut so they’re absolutely delicious. I took a few to a party last weekend and everyone loved them — including all the kids.
I hope you like them as much as we do!Print
These gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are sweet without being over the top sweet. They have an amazing peanut butter flavor and a little bit of crunch from the unsweetened coconut. Kids love them!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon oat flour (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, and egg into the bowl of a stand-mixer and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add vanilla extract, flour, baking soda and salt, mix on low for 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate dough for 5-10 minutes while oven is preheating.
- Using a tablespoon, make heaping 1-inch dough balls and place on parchment paper. Press down lightly and bake for 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Heartbeat Kitchen’s Peanut Butter Compost Cookies.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
If you happen to try the cookies be sure to let me know how the turn out by leaving a comment on this post or sharing a photo on social media. <– Just don’t forget to tag me! Seeing your EBF creations literally makes my day. 🙂 Happy weekend.