These delicious pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are healthy, vegan, gluten-free. Perfect for satisfying your pumpkin cravings!
Good morning and happy Friday from Boston! We’re headed out to explore the city in a bit, but I thought I would pop in and share this pumpkin cookie recipe with you.
In my last post I mentioned that, despite the chillier weather we’ve been experiencing, I hadn’t broke out the pumpkin recipes yet. Well… that changed last night. I think the fall favor of the butternut squash protein pancakes are to blame – they made me crave pumpkin goodies.
I wanted a treat to bring with us on the trip so I started thinking about what I should make. I almost settled on my chocolate chunk pumpkin bars but at the last second changed my mind and decided cookies would be easier to pack. I’m glad I did because not only do I have a new recipe to share, but it’s a pretty awesome one at that.
Not to toot my own horn, but these cookies are vegan, have less than 90 calories and 2 grams of sugar each. Plus they’re GOOD — like really good!
They’re a little on the cakey side (pumpkin tends to do that to baked goods), but they have a nice chewy cookie texture from the oats. The coconut sugar lends a lovely molasses flavor to each bite and of course, the chocolate chips are sweet and delightful. Overall, they’re quite the cookie. I would highly recommend making them. If you’re not ready for pumpkin things just yet, you can always pin or bookmark them for later. 😉
I hope you like these little orange gems as much as we do.
If you make this pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting us know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for the EBF team and our readers!Print
These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are healthy, vegan, gluten-free. Perfect for satisfying your pumpkin cravings!
- 1 cup spelt, whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, liquid state
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
- Use all-purpose gluten-free flour to make these gluten-free.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin, cookies, dessert, chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies, vegan cookies, vegan, gluten free cookies, gluten free, fall