Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Published Sep 13, 2019, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Peanut butter oatmeal cookies made with just 10 ingredients and one bowl. These cookies are healthier than most – gluten-free, made without butter or oil and only about 100 calories per cookie!
These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are fan favorites! They’re super easy to whip up, only require one bowl and are the perfect treat to have on hand when a sugar craving hits. What’s not to love about the winning combination of peanut butter, chocolate and coconut? Seriously everyone loves these… even kids.
Funny story about these cookies – I actually first made them when we were in the process of buying our first house (over 4 years ago now)! I probably should have been packing but I decided to whip up these delicious treats instead. I always find myself procrasti-baking, anyone else!?
It worked out well because we honestly needed a little extra fuel to keep us energized while packing, moving, and cleaning the house. Since creating this recipe during the move, I’ve made them many times since and I’m excited to share the recipe because I know you’re going to love these peanut butter cookies too!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- peanut butter – look for natural peanut butter without any added sugar or oil
- coconut sugar – I love using coconut sugar because it’s a natural sugar with a bit more nutrition, but regular cane sugar will work as well.
- egg – to use as our binding agent.
- vanilla – for a flavor enhancer.
- rolled oats – be sure to grab gluten-free oats if needed
- oat flour – again, grab gluten-free if necessary!
- baking soda – to help make the cookies rise.
- sea salt – just a little bit.
- chocolate chips – I like the Enjoy Life brand. They’re great if you need a dairy-free option.
- unsweetened shredded coconut – for a little texture.
Notes & Substitutions
Flax-egg – I haven’t tried this recipe with a flax-egg, but I bet it would work just fine. If you try it with a flax-egg be sure to leave a comment so I know how it turned out. Thanks for being my recipe testers!
Flour – I haven’t tested this recipe with a different type of flour, but any other should work out fine. You might just need to add a little extra depending on which flour you use.
Peanut butter – I’m assuming you can swap with any nut or seed butter, but I’ve only tested the recipe with natural peanut butter and almond butter, which is also delicious!
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are so easy to whip up! Here’s what you need to do:
Mix ingredients – Stir together peanut butter, coconut sugar, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Add in the vanilla extract, oats, oat flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
Cool dough – Pop the dough in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes while you preheat the oven.
Shape cookies – Make 1-inch balls out of the chilled dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the balls down lightly to flatten them a bit. You don’t want to skip this step because the cookies don’t tend to spread a ton on their own.
Bake – Bake for 10 minutes at 375ºF or until the edges are lightly browned. Let cookies cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
How to Store Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
You can store these cookies in a covered container on the counter for a few days, if you want them to last longer I’d recommend storing them in the fridge.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes to Try
- Protein Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cookies
- Healthy No-Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- SunButter Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free, if necessary
- 1 Tablespoon oat flour, gluten-free, if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, I like Enjoy Life brand
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix ingredients: In a large bowl stir together peanut butter, coconut sugar and egg. Add vanilla, oats, oat flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine and then gently stir in chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Refrigerate dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Form cookies: Using a tablespoon, make heaping 1-inch dough balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press each cookie down lightly before baking.
- Bake: Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool: Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.