Cookies with peanut butter and granola? Yes, please. These peanut butter granola cookies are super easy to whip up and require only 5 ingredients! Vegan + gluten-free.
I originally shared this recipe on Instagram and you guys absolutely loved it! So I figured why not share on the blog too?! If you’re anything like me, you have a million Instagram posts bookmarked but they aren’t the most organized. I can never remember where I saved certain recipes that I find in magazines or take screenshots of BUT when I find things on blogs, I can keep them organized. So I hope, by adding this recipe to my blog I’m helping you out too. 🙂
Can You Make Cookies Out of Granola?
Yes! I ground half of the granola in this recipe into a flour and then left the other half in it’s original state to add some amazing crunch.
5 Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
- Granola – Feel free to experiment with flavors to adjust the flavor of these cookies! I used a summer berry granola and it was the perfect compliment to the peanut butter but I think a vanilla almond or cinnamon walnut would be incredible too!
- Peanut butter – Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. You can totally swap out peanut butter for a different nut or seed butter if you want to switch up the flavors!
- Flax egg – To make this a vegan cookie, I used flax eggs instead of a traditional egg. Making flax eggs is super simple – you just mix 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 Tablespoons water!
- Dark chocolate chips – Like I said, PB + chocolate = love. Any dark chocolate chip brand will work but I love the Enjoy Life brand.
- Coconut oil – Mix the coconut oil with the chocolate chips to keep the chocolate from drying out as you drizzle it!
These cookies could not be easier to make. They take 10 minutes to throw together and 12 minutes to bake. 22 minutes for a healthy, sweet treat?! Yes please!
Start by grinding half of the granola in a food processor until finely ground. Make your flax egg in a small bowl. In a medium sized bowl, add the ground granola, flax egg and peanut butter. Stir until well combined. Add in the unground granola and stir well. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough on to a baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. After cooking for 12-15 minutes at 350°F, drizzle with the melted chocolate and enjoy!
If you make these 5-ingredient peanut butter granola cookies, please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for the EBF team and other EBF readers.Print
Cookies with peanut butter and granola? Yes, please. These peanut butter granola cookies are super easy to whip up and require only 5 ingredients!
- 2 cups granola, divided in half (I used Nature’s Path Organic Summer Berries granola)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed+ 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make flaxseed egg. Add 1 cup of granola into your food processor and pulse until finely ground; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and flaxseed egg to the bowl. Stir the mixture until smooth. Add the remaining granola and stir until combined.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the balls with the tines of a fork.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool completely on cookie sheet, melt chocolate with coconut oil and drizzle it over the cookies. Place in fridge or freezer to let chocolate set and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe inspired and adapted from Food and Wine.
Keywords: granola cookies