Chocolate brownie batter overnight oats topped with walnuts, chocolate chips and a peanut butter drizzle. They look and taste so decadent you won’t even realize you’re eating something that’s healthy.
What if I told you that you could eat chocolate for breakfast and keep it healthy? Would you think that I was joking or that you were in some sort of dreamland?
Welp, today my friend your dreams are becoming a reality because I’m making it happen with these brownie batter overnight oats.
I’ve done a bunch of dessert inspired overnight oat combos (like these chocolate banana overnight oats), but I think this brownie batter version is the most decadent.
Seriously, if you’re a brownie lover get excited because this combo is delicious and it was made for you!
While enjoying these you’ll feel like you’re being naughty by eating chocolate for breakfast (and you kind of are because there are chocolate chips involved) BUT the healthy stuff totally outweighs the chocolate. Plus chocolate does have some health benefits of its own. <– I’m all about the antioxidants… especially those from chocolate and wine. 🙂
Speaking of the healthy stuff, I added protein powder to boost the protein content. I used vanilla Sunwarrior. It’s a plant-based protein powder that I really like, but feel free to use your favorite protein powder or skip the powder and use another source of protein like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, hemp seeds, chia seeds, etc. Any and all protein sources are welcome.
Oh and I have to tell you that over the weekend I made a batch of these oats. (If you follow me on Insta you knew this already.) I had all intentions of eating half and saving the other half for breakfast this morning, but I ate both servings yesterday. Oops! Just goes to show you how good they are. Oh and I should mention that I love peanut butter in my brownies so I felt obligated to add peanut butter as a topping. If you want to stick with a classic brownie flavor you can skip the peanut butter, but I highly discourage it. 😉
Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- Add oats, protein powder, almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and maple syrup into a bowl or jar. Stir well to combine, until all the protein powder has dissolved. Seal container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Take the container out of the fridge the next morning and stir the mixture. You'll notice that the oats soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk before serving. Portion overnight oats into two containers, top each with chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and peanut butter, if using. Enjoy.
by Brittany Mullins