This recipe for No Bake Blueberry Muffin Donut Holes turns your favorite energy ball into a healthy donut hole with a coconut maple glaze. Vegan, gluten-free and absolutely delicious.
Woah! I’m not sure how it happened, but it’s already the end of September and I noticed yesterday that Target has Christmas lights for sale in their seasonal section… what the heck?!? If that’s not a sign summer is over, I don’t know what is.
I’m still getting over the fact that blueberry season has come and gone this year. Luckily we can still enjoy the flavors of blueberries using dried berries, which are readily available year-round. Hello blueberry muffin larabar balls! Those babies are so good and these little blueberry muffin donut holes are a take on that recipe. Just made a bit more doughy with the addition of rolled oats and covered in a coconut maple glaze that make them donut hole-ish.
Of course, they don’t taste 100% like a donut hole because well, they’re not made of fried dough, but I’m still calling them donut holes because they look just like a Dunkin’ Donuts munchkin to me.
And yes, they are healthy so you can feel good about eating them for breakfast… or whenever your little heart desires!
I personally loved them as an afternoon snack while sipping on a cold-brew iced coffee.
Remember my post about cutting back on coffee? I lasted about 3 weeks and now I back on the coffee train. It’s so hard because I love coffee, but I did another cortisol test (a more detailed 24-hour test) a couple weeks ago so if my levels are high I’ll probably try to cut back again. Fingers crossed my levels are normal and I don’t have to worry about it.
Back to these donut holes, I have a feeling that you’re going to love them. They’re super easy to whip up and the coconut maple glaze makes them more of a treat than your standard energy bite. In the next few weeks I’m thinking I’ll make a fall version using my apple pie larabar balls or pumpkin pie larabar balls, but for now I’ll be munching on these little blueberry holes with my cold brew. Come join me!
No Bake Blueberry Muffin Donut Holes
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 12)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
Coconut Maple Glaze
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Add dates, cashews, blueberries, oats, vanilla, lemon juice and sea salt into your food processor and pulse until a dough forms. You may need to stop the machine and scrape the sides once or twice, but this should take about 5 minutes.
- Scoop dough from food processor and roll into small balls using your hands. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, mix melted coconut oil with maple syrup.
- Roll each ball into the coconut oil and maple mixture and place back in the freezer to harden. Continue to coat the donut holes and re-freeze until each donut hole has a gooey coconut maple glaze! We did three rounds of coating and freezing. Store donut holes in your refrigerator.
GET THE INGREDIENTS:
If you happen to make these donut holes, please let me know how they turn out in the comments below or tag me on social media (@eatingbirdfood) so I can see your lovely creation.