These detox macaroons are loaded with coconut flavor and sweetened only with pure maple syrup. They’re perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, but want to stick with your healthy eating goals!
- 1 cup unsweetened fine shredded/desiccated coconut (see note)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3–4 Tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips + coconut oil, if needed
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Stir together unsweetened shredded coconut, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool — they will firm up as they cool so wait about 15 minutes or so before serving or dipping in chocolate.
- If adding melted chocolate, add chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds and stir. If chips aren’t melted, heat for another 10 seconds or so. If the chocolate seems too thick after melting you can add a teaspoon of melted coconut oil to thin it out. Dip each macaroon into the melted chocolate and/or drizzle chocolate over each macaroon. Place macaroons in the fridge/freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Store any leftover macaroons in the fridge or freezer. If you do store them in the freezer, let them sit out at least 10 minutes before eating. They’re really hard straight from the freezer.
- Be sure to use fine shredded/desiccated coconut. With this type of coconut, the shreds are really tiny and the coconut is more dry. If you use regular shredded coconut (the long strands) the macaroons won’t hold together as well and will spread way too much!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan coconut macarrons