A vegan smoothie with two of my favorite things — strawberries and chocolate. It’s the perfect way to indulge in a chocolate treat this Valentine’s Day.
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Natural)
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4–5 cubes of ice
- 2 drops of stevia to sweeten (optional)
- Place strawberries, banana, protein powder, cacao powder, almond milk, dates, vanilla and stevia in blender and blend until fruit is pureed and ingredients are well mixed.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.