Snickers Protein Smoothie
Published Jun 07, 2023, Updated Jun 19, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This snickers protein smoothie is packed with healthy real food ingredients, over 20 grams of protein and tastes like a liquid snickers bar!
If you’re a fan of my popular snickers stuffed dates you’re going to love this snickers protein smoothie!
It’s made with frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter, dates and peanuts. When blended up it tastes just like a liquid snickers bar, so is the perfect recipe to make whenever a sweet craving strikes. And want to know the best part? It’s packed with over 20 grams of protein!
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- It tastes like dessert, but is made with healthy ingredients.
- Has over 20 grams of protein making it a great breakfast option or post-workout snack.
- Super quick & easy to make. Just add everything to your blender and blend until smooth!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- almond milk – I prefer unsweetened almond milk because it’s low in calories and sugar, but any dairy-free milk will work. Oat milk or coconut milk would be my second choice for a creamier option. If you don’t need this smoothie to be vegan you can use whole milk or 2% milk.
- frozen banana – adds creaminess and a little sweetness – it’s what gives this smoothie its thick consistency. Be sure to check out my guide for how to freeze bananas.
- chocolate protein powder – adds a ton of chocolate flavor and is the main source of protein! I personally love Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has minimal ingredients and tastes delicious. (Use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order.) If you don’t have chocolate protein powder on hand, use what you have. Vanilla would be my second choice, but unsweetened protein powder would also work.
- peanut butter – look for natural peanut butter that doesn’t have any added ingredients. The ingredient list should just read peanuts and salt (or just peanuts)! You can also use peanut butter powder (my fave band is PB2). Can’t do peanuts? You can use almond butter or any nut or seed butter you prefer.
- cocoa powder – enhances the chocolate flavor to give it that classic snickers taste.
- peanuts – adds more protein and contributes to that Snickers-like flavor. Just like with the peanut butter, if you can’t do peanuts, just skip them or use almonds or another nut.
- medjool dates – for that natural caramel-like sweetness. I used whole medjool dates, but you can also make my 4-ingredient date caramel sauce and use 2 Tablespoons of that in this smoothie. If you want to lower the sugar content of this smoothie you can swap the dates for stevia or monkfruit, it just won’t have that same caramel taste.
- ice cubes – helps make this smoothie thicker… and colder!
How to Make
This snickers protein smoothie couldn’t get any easier to make! Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and top with chopped peanuts, cacao nibs and a drizzle of peanut butter or preferred toppings. Enjoy!
Can I Make This Smoothie Without a Banana?
The frozen banana in this recipe gives the smoothie a thick and creamy texture and it also adds a bit of sweetness, without being too overpowering. If you’re looking for a low-sugar option, are allergic to bananas or simply don’t like them, here are some ideas for replacements: frozen zucchini, frozen avocado chunks or frozen cauliflower. If you do replace the banana I would recommend keeping the medjool date in this smoothie or adding a sweetener of your choice for some sweetness.
Can I Make This Smoothie Without Protein Powder?
If you don’t have protein powder on hand or just aren’t a fan, you can add protein in a variety of ways. You can mix in Greek yogurt, cottage cheese or more nuts or nut butter. Just something to note is that if you do add yogurt or cottage cheese, it might change the flavor of this smoothie as it will add some tang.
Turn This Smoothie Into a Smoothie Bowl
If you’re a fan of smoothie bowls and want a thicker consistency I would add less liquid and more frozen banana! This will help achieve that super creamy ice-cream like consistency that’s perfect to serve with a spoon.
When it comes to the toppings, feel free to get creative and use whatever you have on hand! My ideal toppings for a snickers smoothie bowl would be chopped peanuts, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, chia seeds, granola and a drizzle of peanut butter. Yum!
Smoothie Storage Tips
- Store the smoothie in a glass container with an airtight lid (I like to use wide mouth mason jars, but a thermos would probably work really well too). Seal the container and place in the fridge as soon as possible.
- Try to fill the container to the top to avoid extra air which will cause the smoothie to oxidize.
- Take the smoothie out of the fridge when you’re ready to drink it. Give it a good shake and enjoy.
- Plan to drink the smoothie within 24 hours — it probably won’t keep much longer than that.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Butterfinger Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
Snickers Protein Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with some chopped peanuts, cacao nibs and a drizzle of peanut butter. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.