Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
Published May 19, 2023, Updated Jun 19, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This strawberry banana protein smoothie comes together quickly with only 4 simple ingredients. It’s packed with over 20 grams of protein and is perfect for a post-workout snack or filling breakfast. Vegan + dairy-free.
This strawberry banana protein smoothie has been my latest smoothie obsession.
You just can’t go wrong with the classic combo of strawberry banana and it’s a high-protein smoothie that requires just 4 simple ingredients that we always seem to have on hand.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- You can’t go wrong with the classic strawberry banana combo!
- Packed with over 20 grams of protein.
- You only need 4 main ingredients to whip this smoothie up!
- Perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or post-workout snack.
- No added sugar… the sweetness in this smoothie comes from fruit!
- frozen banana – a great source of potassium and what gives this smoothie its creamy, thick texture and natural sweetness. Follow this easy guide on how to freeze bananas.
- frozen strawberries – using frozen strawberries makes this smoothie extra thick. If you only have fresh strawberries on hand, I suggest slicing and freezing before making this smoothie.
- milk – I like using unsweetened almond milk, but any non-dairy milk or regular dairy milk will work with this recipe. Oat milk or coconut milk would be my second choices.
- vanilla protein powder – adds protein and a nice flavor to this smoothie! My favorite brand of protein powder is Nuzest. It’s plant-based, has simple ingredients and great nutrition facts! Nuzest even has a strawberry protein powder that I bet would be delicious in this smoothie! Use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order on their website.
- toppings – I love topping this smoothie with fresh strawberry and banana slices for some freshness, but feel free to skip this or use your favorite smoothie toppings.
How to Make
This easy strawberry banana smoothie comes together in no time!
Just add all your ingredients to your high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add ice cubes or additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Other Ways to Add Protein
If you don’t have protein powder on hand or simply aren’t a fan, there are other ways to add protein to your smoothies. Here are some ideas:
- Greek yogurt: A great way to add extra creaminess and protein to your smoothie. Just replace some of the milk with Greek yogurt to achieve the desired consistency. You could also make this strawberry banana smoothie, which is made with yogurt instead of protein powder.
- Cottage cheese: Another high-protein option that can provide a unique texture and add creaminess to your smoothie.
- Nuts and seeds: Adding nuts or seeds like almonds, cashews, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds can boost the protein and healthy fat content of your smoothie while also adding some crunch.
- Nut butter or seed butter: Add 1-2 Tablespoons of your favorite nut or seed butter for extra protein, creaminess and flavor. My top choices would be almond butter or cashew butter as the flavors aren’t too overpowering, but peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or even tahini are all great options.
Can I Meal Prep This Smoothie?
Yes! There are a couple of ways to meal prep a smoothie. If you’ll be enjoying it within 24 hours, you can make the smoothie according to the recipe, store in your refrigerator, and savor it at your convenience. Simply give it a shake or an additional blend before enjoying! I like to store my smoothies and protein shakes in wide-mouth mason jars.
You can also portion out the banana and strawberries in containers so you’re ready to dump and blend! When you’re ready to make your smoothie, you’ll just add the frozen ingredients and protein powder, pour in the liquid and you’ve got a smoothie in seconds!
More Smoothie Recipes
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Vitamin C Smoothie
- Clementine Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Butterfinger Smoothie
- Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add ice or additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.