Green Lemonade Smoothie
Published May 06, 2013, Updated Mar 20, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This green lemonade smoothie combines kale, pear, cucumber and lemon for a refreshing drink that’s not only detoxifying but alkalizing and energizing as well!
Some green goodness was involved as well…
Sunday morning I woke up craving something green for breakfast but I didn’t feel like breaking out my juicer. I decided to try making a green juice smoothie in my Vitamix. I usually use frozen bananas and almond milk as a base for all my smoothies but I wanted this one to be more like juice so I stuck with a pear and water. The Vitamix did a great job of pulverizing everything as well.
- kale – for some healthy greens.
- pear – pears are a nutrition packed fruit! 1 pear has 6 grams of fiber and lots of folate, vitamin C and potassium. They are anti-inflammatory, have been shown to improve heart health and may help with weight loss. Just make sure you eat the peel as most of the nutrients are found there. (Source)
- cucumber – cucumbers are important to add to your diet because they’re 95% water and naturally detoxify your body. They’re also high in Vitamins A, B and C and contain phytonutrients that provide anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer effects.
- lemon – help to boost your immunity and flush toxins. Just make sure your lemon is peeled.
- water – hydration is arguably the most important factor for achieving a beautiful, healthy glow so I used water for the base.
Notes & Substitutions
Apple – Feel free to use an apple in place of the pear if you’d like, both pears and apple are sweet so it’s a great substitution.
Coconut water – If you’re needing a little sweetness you can add a splash of coconut water.
Blender – If you don’t have a high-powered blender (like a Vitamix or Blendtec), you can still make this smoothie, the texture just won’t be as smooth.
Protein powder – Feel free to add in protein powder to amp up the protein if you are enjoying this for breakfast or as a post-workout snack.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Health Nut Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
Green Lemonade Smoothie
- 2 cups raw kale
- 1 large pear, cored and sliced into large pieces
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup ice
- ¾ cup cold water
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional water until the smoothie is the texture and consistency you enjoy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This was super refreshing on a hot summer night when I don’t feel like cooking! Kept me full and I felt great after drinking it!!
Woo!! So glad this smoothie was a hit, Amy! Thanks so much for the review 🙂
I had to use spinach because I was out of kale, but it was still great. I loved the lemon flavor.
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Joy! Thanks for the review 🙂
See More Comments