This chocolate mint chip smoothie is creamy, thick and rich thanks to coconut and frozen riced cauliflower. It’s low in sugar and loaded with protein and healthy fats so you’ll feel satisfied and your blood sugar will stay balanced.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 1/2 coconut water (or more milk)
- 1–2 Tablespoons coconut butter or TJ’s frozen coconut chunks
- 1/2–1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 4–5 fresh mint leaves or 1–2 drops of peppermint extract
- 1–2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- granola, for topping (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except cacao nibs and granola in a high-powered blender (I love my Vitamix).
- Blend until smooth. Add in cacao nibs and blend a couple seconds more. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with granola and cacao nibs and enjoy!
- If you’re not using sweetened chocolate protein powder, feel free to add some sort of sweetness to the smoothie. 2 medjool dates or 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey should do the trick.
- Feel free to add your favorite superfood ingredients to the smoothie as well. I love adding this adaptogenic mushroom blend.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 583mg
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: mint chip smoothie