3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
Published Jun 03, 2021, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This easy mango smoothie is made with just three ingredients — frozen mango, Greek yogurt and milk. It’s super similar to a mango lassi, but without the added sugar!
Smoothie season is here and I am so excited! As soon as the weather turns warm I start to craving cool breakfast options like overnight oats and smoothies. Who’s with me on this?! I can’t be the only one!
If you’re shaking your head yes, I have JUST the smoothie recipe for you – a delicious mango smoothie that tastes like a mango lassi!
Mango Lassi Without the Added Sugar
It’s similar to a mango lassi, only a tad healthier because I stuck with three simple ingredients and skipped with added sugar and cream.
I didn’t add any Indian spices, but next time I make it I am going to add some because I bet it would be delicious and cardamom has amazing health benefits.
Health Benefits of Mangos
Mangos are considered to be the “king of fruit” in some areas of the world! They’re low in calories but packed with important vitamins and minerals. They’re high in antioxidants as well as several vitamins that help boost your immune system. Studies have linked mango consumption to improving heart health, eye health, digestion, hair and skin. They’re absolutely delicious and a great addition to any diet. (Source)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- mango – nothing compares to the flavor of fresh mango, but I like using frozen in this recipe because it gives the smoothie the perfect texture.
- Greek yogurt – I used plain Greek yogurt to keep the sugar content down and the protein high, but feel free to use a flavored yogurt if you’d like. I bet this smoothie would be delicious with vanilla Greek yogurt.
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk – if you don’t want your smoothie to be as tart, feel free to use regular almond milk.
tip! If you don't have frozen mango on hand, feel free to use frozen peaches or nectarines instead.
Upgrade your Smoothie!
There are so many things you can add to your mango smoothie. Here are some ideas:
- Spices – like I mentioned above, I think cardamom would be a delicious addition. Ground ginger or turmeric would also be so tasty! For cardamom, start with 1/4 teaspoon. For ginger and turmeric, I’d start with 1/8 teaspoon!
- Protein powder – make this a complete meal or snack by adding protein powder. I like using Nuzest!
- Sweetener – if you use plain Greek yogurt and unsweetened almond milk, feel free to add a little sweetener if the end result is too tart for your preference. Maple syrup, honey or even a couple medjool dates would be easy to add to the mix.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Health Nut Smoothie
- Snickers Protein Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Smoothie Bowl
Love Mango? More Mango Recipes
- Mango Jicama Slaw (Trader Joe’s Copycat Recipe)
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
- Mango Curry Trail Mix
- Mango Avocado Smoothie
3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Blend: Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy: Pour into a glass, top with a few mango chunks and enjoy!
- Dairy-free option: swap the Greek yogurt with full-fat coconut milk yogurt.
- Sweetener: This smoothie has a nice sweetness on it’s own from the mango, but if you’d like a sweeter smoothie feel free to use vanilla Greek yogurt or add a drizzle of maple syrup/honey or even 1-2 medjool dates.
- Spices – For cardamom, start with 1/4 teaspoon. For ginger, cinnamon and/or turmeric, I’d start with 1/8 teaspoon!
- – make this a complete meal or snack by adding . I like using Nuzest!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.