Avocado Mango Smoothie
Published Jun 22, 2021, Updated Jun 14, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This avocado mango smoothie is loaded with avocado, shredded coconut, frozen mango, medjool dates and lime juice. It’s thick, creamy and the perfect refreshing smoothie for summer!
It’s officially smoothie season!! When the weather is cold I don’t typically crave smoothies, but once the temps rise above 70, it’s smoothie time. Every day, all day. Which is why I’ve been sharing a ton of smoothie recipes lately!
They’re so easy and perfect for when you’re in a rush. You can literally just toss everything into the blender, blend for a minute, pour into a glass and your meal is ready.
I already have a basic mango smoothie with frozen mango here on the site, but today I’m sharing a version with fun add-ins like coconut, lime and avocado!
Here’s everything you need for this tasty smoothie!
- cold water – instead of milk we’re using cold water for the liquid in the recipe. Of course, you’re welcome to use milk if you prefer!
- unsweetened shredded coconut – a great source of fiber and I love the texture it adds to the smoothie as well.
- avocado – make sure your avocado is pitted and you’re only using the flesh that you scooped out. I love using avocado in my smoothies because it adds healthy fat and makes them thicker and creamier. You can use a fresh or frozen avocado. Either works!
- mango – nothing compares to the flavor of fresh mango, but I like using frozen in this recipe because it gives the smoothie the perfect texture.
- medjool dates – dates are an amazing natural sweetener. Using them instead of sugar will give your smoothie a delicious, natural sweetness. Just make sure to remove the pit before adding them to your blender! And feel free to skip the dates to lower the sugar content.
- fresh lime juice – to boost the citrus flavor.
- vanilla – a great flavor enhancer.
Adding Avocado to Smoothies
Avocado is such a great addition to smoothies. It makes smoothies extra creamy and smooth (without needing any dairy) and makes them more nutrient-dense and filling as well. The healthy fat in avocado is also perfect for helping with absorption of fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A.
And because of its mild flavor, you usually can’t even taste avocado in smoothies. Especially if they’re blended with a flavorful fruit like mango.
tip! Have extra avocados on hand that are perfectly ripe? Freeze them! Frozen avocados work great for smoothies. You can even find frozen avocado at stores now.
This smoothie actually reminds me of my avocado and lime tart, but in liquid form. It’s creamy, refreshing and perfectly blends mango, avocado and coconut together with a hint of lime!
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Health Nut Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Healthy Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Pear Smoothie with Avocado and Spinach
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- Snickers Protein Smoothie
Love Mango? More Mango Recipes
Avocado Mango Smoothie
- Blend: Place water, shredded coconut, mango, avocado, dates, lime juice, and vanilla into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste: Add more liquid (if necessary) or another date, to get the consistency and sweetness level you like.
- Serve: Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.