Published Aug 02, 2022, Updated May 19, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This delicious pear smoothie is made with avocado, spinach, coconut water and fresh mint. It’s creamy, refreshing and perfect for summer!
I’ve been hooked on green smoothies recently, but this pear smoothie might just be my favorite one yet. It’s packed with all the greens (fresh pear, spinach, avocado and mint) and blended into creamy perfection.
Whether you’re trying to get more greens in, eat healthier or just want a refreshing smoothie for breakfast or snack, this recipe is for you!
Why You’ll Love This Pear Smoothie
- It’s made with just five simple ingredients!
- It’s comes together in no time at all… just add everything to a blender and blend until smooth!
- This smoothie is packed with lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- pear – I usually use Bartlett or Anjou pears, but any variety will work, just make sure you’re using a ripe pear. Pears are a nutrition packed fruit! 1 pear has 6 grams of fiber and lots of folate, vitamin C and potassium. They are anti-inflammatory, have been shown to improve heart health and may help with weight loss. Because most of the fiber and antioxidants are in the skin, try to leave the skin on your pears to get the most out of the fruit! (Source)
- avocado – what makes this smoothie super creamy! Avocados are loaded with healthy fats and fiber. They have significant amounts of vitamin K, folate and potassium (even more potassium than bananas!) and have been linked to eye health, arthritis and weight loss. (Source)
- coconut water – basically nature’s Gatorade! Coconut water is a great source of hydration paired with natural vitamins and minerals. It has been shown to improve heart health and blood pressure issues and is a great beverage to include in your diet. Be sure to grab coconut water without any added sugar! (Source)
- spinach – one of my favorite leafy greens, spinach is the perfect addition to a smoothie that adds nutrients without a strong flavor. It’s high in fiber, vitamin C, K, iron and calcium. Yup! You don’t need to drink milk to get your calcium fix. (Source)
- mint – I love adding fresh herbs to my smoothie – it makes them extra refreshing! Mint is high in vitamin A and antioxidants. It may help with indigestion, bad breath and could help with brain function. Worth adding! (Source)
How to Make a Pear Smoothie
Blend: Combine pear, avocado, half the coconut water, spinach and mint in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
Taste: Add remaining coconut water and blend until you get the consistency you like.
Serve: Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
I love the combination of flavors I’ve shared for this smoothie, but if you want to switch it up, here are some ideas:
- Avocado – don’t have any avocados on hand? Use 1/2 of a frozen banana to keep this smoothie nice and creamy. Chia seeds will also help to thicken this smoothie up.
- Spinach – not a fan of spinach or don’t have any on hand? Switch up your green and add kale or your favorite leafy green instead!
- Coconut water – feel free to use regular water or dairy-free milk like almond milk instead.
- Mint – feel free to skip the fresh mint if you don’t have any on hand!
- Ice cubes – if you want a thicker smoothie, throw in a handful of ice to the blender!
- Add protein – if you want to add some protein, feel free to add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, collagen, plain Greek yogurt or chia or hemp seeds.
- Add more sweetness – I think this smoothie is plenty sweet as is, but you can always add a touch of honey, maple syrup or frozen banana if you want a sweeter smoothie.
Tips on Saving a Smoothie for Later
- Store the smoothie in a glass container with an airtight lid (I use mason jars, but a thermos would probably work really well too). Seal the container and place in the fridge as soon as possible.
- Try to fill the container to the top to avoid extra air which will cause the smoothie to oxidize.
- Add a little lime or lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Take the smoothie out of the fridge when you’re ready to drink it. Give it a good shake and enjoy.
- Plan to drink the smoothie within 24 hours — it probably won’t keep much longer than that.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Green Detox Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Vitamin C Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
More Pear Recipes to Try
- Pear Baked Oatmeal
- Barley Salad with Chickpeas and Pears
- Pear Salad with Walnuts, Avocado and Grilled Chicken
- Pear and Beet Salad with a Ginger Hemp Dressing
- Baked Pears
Be sure to check out all of the pear recipes as well as the full collection of smoothie recipes on EBF!
- 1 pear, quartered with peel
- ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 ½ cups coconut water, divided
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Combine pear, avocado, 3/4 cup coconut water, spinach and mint in high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining coconut water and blend until you get the consistency you like.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I was not expecting to like this as I’m not generally a pear fan but it worked. The mint was a great addition but I think it was a bit too thick for me – I’ll likely lessen the avocado slightly next time and add a bit more liquid. Still tasted great…maybe better as a smoothie bowl.
So glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Amanda. Thanks for the review, I appreciate it!
Enjoyed this smoothie today. It wasn’t too sweet which I enjoyed. I added ice and more liquid.
I’m so glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Joy! Thanks for making it and coming back to leave a review. I really appreciate it!
I needed a pick me up today and this had all the things my body needed. Excellent recipe
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Teresa! Thanks for making it and coming back to leave a review 🙂
Do NOT be fooled by this smoothie. The pear as a beautiful sweetness to this smoothie, “peared” with the avocado creaminess and the great mint hint! I absolutely loved it and it made for such a good snack. I love the incorporation of spinach as more veggies. I love green smoothies and I’ll be sure to be making this again!
Yay!! I love hearing this! So glad this smoothie was a hit, Taylor! Thanks for trying it and coming back to leave a review. I so appreciate it!
Do NOT be fooled by this smoothie. I loved the sweetness of the pear and the creaminess of the avocado “peared” with the freshness of the mint! A really great combination with the added spinach for more veggies! Can’t wait to make again!
See More Comments