Published Jun 26, 2023, Updated Aug 28, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This creamy 4-ingredient pineapple smoothie combines coconut milk with yogurt, frozen pineapple and banana. One sip and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical vacation. Vegan + dairy-free.
With summer finally here I’ve been on a smoothie kick recently and one of my new go-to’s is this pineapple smoothie!
It combines frozen pineapple and banana with coconut milk for a super creamy, tropical smoothie that transports me back to the Grand Cayman every time I drink it. It’s so refreshing and the perfect drink for hot summer days.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- It’s creamy, refreshing and the perfect snack for kids and adults, especially on hot summer days.
- This smoothie brings the tropical vibes. The blend of pineapple, coconut and banana will instantly transport you to a tropical beach.
- All you need is a blender and 4 simple ingredients to whip this smoothie up.
- It’s totally customizable… feel free to make this smoothie your own!
Pineapple is more than just a delicious tropical fruit. It offers numerous health benefits due to its wealth of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium and vitamin C. Pineapple is also high in fiber and bromelain, an enzyme that helps in digestion, reducing inflammation and supporting immune function.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- coconut milk – coconut milk adds creaminess and tropical flavor to this smoothie. I used light canned coconut milk, but feel free to use light coconut milk if you prefer. If you don’t have coconut milk on hand you can also use coconut water or another dairy-free milk of choice like almond milk or oat milk. You could also use juice for the liquid base of this smoothie like pineapple juice or orange juice, if desired.
- frozen pineapple and banana – frozen pineapple chunks and banana add natural sweetness and create a thick, creamy texture.
- yogurt – this adds more creaminess and some protein. I like to use coconut yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt, but feel free to use your favorite yogurt of choice.
- honey or maple syrup – optional, but can be added if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
How to Make
This pineapple smoothie is so simple to whip up. Just place all your ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and you reach your desired consistency.
Taste and adjust the consistency as desired, adding more liquid for a thinner smoothie or some ice for a thicker smoothie.
Pour your smoothie into a glass and top with toppings of choice. I like to top my smoothie with fresh pineapple and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Variations & Mix-Ins
- Green pineapple smoothie: Add a handful of spinach or kale for a nutrient boost that won’t alter the tropical flavor.
- Pina colada smoothie: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a handful of unsweetened shredded coconut for a protein-packed pina colada smoothie.
- Tropical mix: Blend in some mango or papaya for an even more tropical taste.
- Chia or flax seeds: For added fiber and healthy omega-3 fats, consider blending in a tablespoon of chia seeds or flaxseeds.
- Superfood boost: Blend in a teaspoon of spirulina, chlorella, moringa or another superfood for an added nutrient boost.
- Pineapple ginger smoothie: A small piece of fresh ginger can add a nice zing to your smoothie and offers anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Pineapple berry smoothie: Mix in frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries for a sweet and tart addition.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Green Detox Smoothie
- Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Lemon Smoothie
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Tahini Smoothie
- Vitamin C Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, or coconut water
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Touch of honey or maple syrup, optional
- Toppings: fresh pineapple and toasted shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with fresh pineapple and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.