This colorful beet salad features peppery arugula with raw beets, pear, dried cranberries, avocado, Hemp Hearts and a creamy ginger dressing. Recipe created in partnership with Manitoba Harvest.
I know everyone is all amped up about holiday treats, but for what it’s worth I’m still over here craving salads. Especially when they’re large and packed full of vibrant seasonal produce.
Are you with me?
If so, say hello to this colorful beaut of a salad! It’s packed with nutrient-dense, flavorful toppings — earthy beets, simply peeled and shredded, a ripe and juicy Bosc pear, dried cranberries, creamy avocado and a hefty sprinkle of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts.
The salad itself is great, but the ginger hemp dressing might just be the best part.
It’s got a little zip from the lemon and ginger, but not too much, and the Hemp Hearts make it extra creamy.
After experimenting with several hemp based dressings I’ve officially decided I need to start adding Hemp Hearts to all my homemade salad dressings. Not only do they make the dressing incredibly creamy but Hemp Hearts are loaded with nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, iron, vitamin E and protein. Hemp, Hemp Hooray! <— Interestingly enough, I used to have a magnet in college that said that. I wish I knew where it was right now.
Here’s what the salad looks like once it’s been all mixed together. The beets kind of take over and leave everything a lovely shade of pink. So festive.
Serve this beet salad at your next holiday gathering or make the full salad and have it for lunch throughout the week — that’s what I did!
Pear and Beet Salad with a Ginger Hemp Dressing
- 1 5 oz bag of arugula salad
- 1 Bosc pear, shredded
- 1 raw beet, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- a sprinkle of gorgonzola cheese (optional)
Ginger Hemp Dressing
- Prepare dressing by putting all dressing ingredients into a high powdered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Prep salad by adding arugula, shredded beet, pear, dried cranberries and avocado to a large bowl. Sprinkle Hemp Hearts over salad. Add dressing to taste, stir to combine and serve. Alternatively, you can plate the salads onto four plates separately by quartering the ingredients. Start with a base of arugula. Add shredded beet, pear, dried cranberries and avocado to each plate. Sprinkle on Hemp Hearts and serve with dressing so each person can dress the salad to taste.
- You may end up with a little dressing leftover if you prefer lightly dressed salads. Leftover dressing will keep in a storage container in the fridge for a 2-3 days.
This post is sponsored by Manitoba Harvest. As always, opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EBF possible.