Sweetened with coconut sugar, these Rosemary Candied Pecans are such an easy DIY holiday gift. Plus free ‘Baked With Love’ printable gift tags!
Thanksgiving is NEXT week! What the heck?! I don’t know if it’s the warm weather or what, but I can’t believe it’s already here. But it is and that means it’s time to start thinking about holiday gifts!!
There’s something special about homemade gifts. I love making them and receiving them. I definitely don’t consider myself super crafty, however I go through phases where I get excited about crafting. And I am pretty good at whipping up homemade gifts, especially those that are edible. In the past I’ve gifted things like vegan cranberry chocolate chip banana bread, apple butter and peanut butter dog treats.
This year Maria and I were brainstorming different homemade gift ideas and decided it would be fun to do some sort of candied nut. Everyone likes nuts — they’re snackable, sharable and have a longer shelf-life than most baked goods.
I knew I wanted to use coconut sugar and decided rosemary would be a nice savory addition. Having a huge rosemary bush in my backyard made that decision really easy.
Once roasted, the pecans have a lovely crunch and sweet rosemary flavor. They’re quite addicting!
The best part about these candied pecans is that they take no time to whip up — only about 10 minutes of prep and 35 minutes of baking! Hooray for easy, last-minute gifts. 🙂
I’ve found that they make a lovely hostess gift on their own or you can make a larger gift by including them in a holiday gift basket — perhaps with some other foodie gifts like jam, chocolate, cookies and wine.
Sweet and savory candied pecans flavored with coconut sugar and fresh rosemary.
- 3 cups raw pecan halves
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (regular sugar works too)
- 1–2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pecans, sugar, rosemary, egg whites and salt in a large bowl. Toss until pecans are coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Set timer for 15 minutes, give pecans a stir and then roast for another 10 minutes for a total of 25 minutes or until pecans are golden. Watch carefully because they tend to burn easily.
- Remove from oven and allow pecans to cool. Pecans will be a little soft to the touch when you remove them from the oven, but they will harden up as they cool. Once cool you can break apart any pecans that are stuck in clumps and place them in a storage container or jars for gifting.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: rosemary candied pecans, candied pecans
In addition to the simple recipe for the rosemary candied pecans, I’m excited to share that we have super cute “Baked With Love” printable gift tags for you to use as well! If you want to package your candied pecans similarly to how we have in the photos you’ll just need a few items:
- the printable gift tag PDF + a printer
- hole punch
- kraft paper (make sure it’s compatible with your printer)
- 1/5 liter weck jars or 1/2 pint mason jars
Looking for more DIY gift ideas, check out these:
Do you like homemade gifts? If so, what is your favorite homemade gift to give or receive?