Quick to cook and healthy, these shrimp skewers are a grilling favorite. Pair them with grilled veggies or serve over a fresh salad for a crowd-pleasing summertime meal.
Throughout the summer Isaac and I grill out constantly. The grill becomes our oven and we basically use it to cook anything and everything. We’ve even grilled avocado before. I know it sounds strange, but they actually come off the grill warm, creamy and absolutely delicious. Don’t knock it until you try it!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER GRILLED SHRIMP:
One of my absolute favorite things to grill is seafood so I’m pumped to share this simple lemon pepper shrimp skewer recipe. It’s light, fresh and cooks up in a matter of minutes!
These shrimp cook up in a mater of minutes and they work great in just about any recipe. Serve them up along grilled veggies for a full meal or use them as stopper for pasta or salad. I love serving using these shrimp as a protein source for my kale caesar salad.
Zesty, light and quick to cook, these lemon pepper shrimp skewers are a grilling favorite. Pair them with grilled veggies or serve over a fresh salad for a crowd-pleasing summertime meal.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice from 1 lemon (about 3 Tablespoons of juice) + lemon wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fire up your grill with heat set to medium-high. Mix garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add shrimp and toss to combine. Let shrimp marinate for a few minutes.
- Place shrimp on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook until pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze over shrimp.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: grilled lemon shrimp
Want more healthy grilling recipes? Check out these:
- Grilled Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette — Who says you can’t grill salad?! Try this delicious and summery recipe grilled kale salad! Topped with peaches, shallots and toasted hazelnuts, you will never go back to regular old kale. Grilled kale reminds me of kale chips and we all know how I feel about those. I’m totally trying this salad ASAP.
- Prosciutto Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast — Have your meat and veggies too! Make this delicious prosciutto asparagus stuffed chicken breast on the grill for an impressive summer supper. How fancy does this dish look?! I want to make it for my next cookout just to impress everyone. 🙂
- Grilled BBQ Short Ribs — These grilled short ribs are covered in a smokey dry rub with an optional BBQ sauce slathered on at the end. They’re cooked low and slow on the grill for a tender meaty summer dinner and served with a fresh grilled pineapple salsa. I’m pretty sure that if I made this for Isaac I would win wife of the year!!
TIME FOR DESSERT… ON THE GRILL
- Grilled Chocolate Cherry Almond Crisp — This isn’t your traditional cherry crisp! It’s easy, paleo-friendly and made on the grill. A fun, smokey-sweet dessert for summer that’s made a little healthier! Ummm… yeesss to this all the way! It looks amazing.
- Honey Grilled Bananas with Mocha Chocolate Sauce — The perfect healthier summer dessert! If you’ve never grilled bananas, you need to start with these. Lightly sweetened and topped with a flavorful chocolate sauce for the perfect grilled treat. I have a feeling I might be grilling bananas this week!
What’s your favorite thing to cook on the grill? As I mentioned, grilled seafood is my jam, but I also looove grilled veggies… especially sweet corn!