Have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes with this healthy lo mein with shrimp and zucchini noodles. It’s loaded with veggies and perfect for busy weeknights. Paleo and gluten-free.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI NOODLE LO MEIN:
There’s really nothing better than quick, healthy meals that you can toss together in a single pan. Amirite? Well… I can think of a feeeew things, but seriously one-pan meals are such a lifesaver when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
This flavorful and easy zucchini noodle shrimp lo mein. loaded with fresh veggies — garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers, protein-packed shrimp and a pile of low-carb zucchini noodles. The sauce is super simple with just soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos work if you’re gf), honey, sriracha, sesame oil and fresh ginger. The fresh ginger gives this dish a light spice with a hint of sweetness that ground ginger can’t provide. Don’t skip the fresh stuff!
Of course this zucchini noodle shrimp lo mein probably won’t taste exactly like lo mein from your favorite Chinese restaurant, but it’s absolutely delicious and healthy! Plus, you can make it faster than the time it would take to find the takeout menu from your kitchen junk drawer. <– After writing that I just realized I probably sound really old. No one keeps Chinese takeout menus in their kitchen anymore, do they? Nope, because there’s this thing called the internet and it has every food menu you could ever need.
Anyhow, I hope you love this zucchini noodle shrimp lo mein recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely an easy one that you’ll love having in your back pocket for busy weeknights!
If you make this shrimp and zucchini noodle lo mein please be sure to leave a comment and star rating letting me know how it turns out for you! Your feedback is helpful for the EBF team and other EBF readers.Print
Have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes with this healthy shrimp and zucchini noodle lo mein. It’s loaded with veggies and perfect for busy weeknights. Paleo and gluten-free.
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized with D blade (spaghetti noodle size)
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha + extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon avocado, coconut or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 15 medium to large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- green onion, chopped
- Spiralize zucchini noodles if you haven’t already.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients (soy sauce, ginger, honey, sriracha and sesame oil) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, stirring frequently to make sure garlic doesn’t burn. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, shrimp and sauce to the skillet and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Turn up heat a tiny bit and allow liquid to evaporate.
- Add spiralized zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until zucchini noodles are just heated through. Do not overcook the zucchini noodles or they will start to release water and the lo mein will become watery.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Serve in two plates or bowls with chopped green onion and additional sriracha.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: shrimp and zucchini noodles, zucchini noodle lo mein
Last year, around this time, I teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers to bring you a host of one-pan meal ideas. <– I shared this curried shakshuka, which is so delicious and still an EBF favorite. If you haven’t tried that recipe yet, DO IT. You will love. The one-pan meals we shared last year went over really well so today we’re teaming up for another round of must-make skillet meals. They’re all healthy, delicious and require only one pan. Hooray for easy clean-up! Ready to see the full lineup?
- Gina’s Turkey Skillet Mac and Cheese
- Lexi’s Loaded Veggie Taco Skillet
- Lindsay’s Mediterranean Marinated Balsamic Pork Loin Skillet
- Taylor’s Mexican Sweet Potato Rice Bake