A simple recipe for grilled sweet potato wedges with fresh thyme, sea salt, pepper and cinnamon. They pair perfectly with just about any grilled protein, especially burgers! Vegan and gluten-free.
I think the fact that summer is almost over is really sinking in for me. I’ve been buying local peaches, savoring the tomatoes from our garden, making lots of summer salads, and convincing Isaac that we need to grill out for dinner every night.
All this grilling inspired me to think outside the box and grill one of my favorite veggies — sweet potatoes!
I love roasted sweet potatoes so I don’t know why I hadn’t thought to grill them before. They turned out to be delicious and paired perfectly with the grilled salmon salad we were having for dinner. That said, I personally think that these grilled sweet potatoes would go with just about any protein, especially burgers. If you’re looking for a good burger recipe, I highly recommend my spinach and feta turkey burgers or these tempeh veggie burgers. Both are SO good.
The flavor profile for these wedges is lovely — you get the fresh herb flavor from the thyme, a hint of sweetness from the cinnamon and that charred flavor that only the grill can produce. They’re great on their own but we really liked them paired with a little spicy mustard or ketchup for dipping. So good!
If you make these grilled sweet potato wedges, please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers who are thinking about making the recipe.Print
These easy grilled sweet potato wedges are the perfect veggie side and pair well with just about any grilled protein, especially burgers!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold salted water then bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly resistant when pierced with a sharp knife or fork, about 10 minutes, depending on size. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough, slice potatoes in half lengthwise and slice into wedges.
- Mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and cinnamon. Brush this mixture on sweet potatoes.
- Heat grill to medium-high, lightly oil grill rack and grill potatoes until grill marks appear and potatoes are cooked through, flipping once. It shouldn’t take more than 6-7 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: grilled sweet potato wedges