This kale pomegranate salad is super easy to whip up and makes for a festive and healthy red and green centerpiece. Perfect for serving at Christmas brunch or Christmas dinner.
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried, ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 large pomegranate)
- 1/3 cup candied walnuts or candied pecans*
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- fresh or dried herbs (optional)
- Make dressing: add all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined or add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine. Dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance. Make it and store in the fridge until ready to prep the full salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine kale with about 1/2 of the dressing and use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale. Add more dressing as needed (you may not need all of it). Reserve any leftover dressing for another use.
- Add pomegranate seeds and goat cheese to the salad bowl (saving a little of each for topping), toss together and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Add more dressing if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with candied nuts, additional pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Feel free to make your own candied walnuts/pecans or use store-bought. You can also just use toasted nuts if want to cut back on the amount of sugar.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (made with 1/2 of the dressing)
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: kale pomegranate salad, christmas salad, christmas kale salad