Maple Turmeric Chicken
Published Oct 26, 2017, Updated Sep 16, 2021
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Perfectly sweet and savory, this maple turmeric chicken is a delicious way to give your body an extra anti-inflammatory boost. Great for meal prep! Gluten-free.
Lately I’ve been all about meal prepping and have figured out a batch cooking system that works amazingly well for our needs. Typically I plan 1-2 days a week, one over the weekend and one mid-week, to cook up a few staples that we can use to toss together meals throughout the week. This includes lots of veggies, whole grains and a few protein options.
Chicken seems to be one of our go-to protein options because it’s lean and easy to cook up. Over the summer we make grilled chicken almost weekly (this apple cider vinegar chicken recipe is one of our favs).
But now that fall is here and the weather is getting chilly it makes sense to move our cooking indoors and bust out the good ol’ cast iron skillet. That’s where this recipe comes into play.
Seared chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet is pretty similar to grilled chicken because you still get that crisp exterior, which let’s be real, is the best part.
That said, the exciting thing about this recipe isn’t just the seared factor. It’s the delicious maple turmeric sauce that is used to glaze the chicken while it finishes cooking in the oven. This combo is sweet and savory, with a bonus of anti-inflammatory benefits from the turmeric powder.
It’s such a mouth-watering combo… and it takes less than 20 minutes to cook up. We can’t get enough of it.
Since coming up with the recipe we’ve already made this chicken as part of our weekly meal prep a handful of times and I don’t see an end in sight. It’s such a great protein option for quick salads and bowl meals. Speaking of, be on the lookout for a new salad recipe using this maple turmeric chicken. I’ll be sharing it for Salad Sunday this week!
More Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Apple Cider Vinegar Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
If you make this turmeric maple chicken, please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers who are thinking about making the recipe.
Turmeric Maple Chicken
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 3 breasts
- 1/2 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet and turn heat on medium/medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and season with sea salt and black pepper. At this point your oil should be hot and the chicken should sizzle when added to the skillet.
- Add all three pieces of chicken to the skillet and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is searing combine maple syrup, tamari, garlic, turmeric and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Once both sides of the chicken are seared, carefully pour maple turmeric sauce over chicken and toss to coat.
- Move skillet from the stovetop into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked throughout. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of breast? How can I make this if I don’t have a iron cast skillet?
Yes, that should be just fine. The cook time might vary though. And you can use any pan that is oven-safe.
Thank you for this recipe – it was amazing- so delicious!!
So glad you enjoyed this recipe, Liz! Thanks for tying it and for the review. I so appreciate it!
easy to make, great flavor. I made with chicken tenders I had on hand. I will definitely be making this again soon!
Woo!! Happy to hear this recipe was a hit, Krista! Thanks for the review and star rating. It means so much to me!
question – how can I swap tofu for chicken?
Oh this is a great idea, I have not tested this marinade with tofu but I am sure it will be delicious. Let me know how it works out if you give it a try!
So good and super easy to make with ingredients I already had. Added leftover chopped chicken to an omelet with spinach and it was so flavourful!
Ohh that is a brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing your review + star rating, I appreciate it.
This sauce!! 🤤 Absolutely loved this recipe. I used x4 big boneless skinless chicken thighs and one of my large stainless pans and cooked it a little longer in the oven. It was perfect, I wanted to lick the sauce out of the pan before washing it lol. Thanks Brittany, will be making this one on repeat!
WOO! I am excited to hear that you are loving this recipe, Jackie. Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your review & star rating, it means so much to me!
This is my new go-to chicken recipe! So simple to make and so beyond good! Thanks as usual for the amazing recipe!
See More Comments