Honey Lemon Garlic Salmon
Published May 06, 2022, Updated Apr 03, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This honey lemon garlic salmon is coated in a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce and baked to perfection. It comes together in less than 20 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
We make salmon almost every week in our house and while this balsamic salmon is typically our go-to, I decided to switch things up one night and the end result was this honey lemon garlic salmon recipe! It’s so good, I couldn’t keep it to myself!
Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it’s super flavorful thanks to the lemon garlic butter sauce we’re cooking the salmon in. Plus, there are only five simple ingredients involved (not including salt and pepper), all of which you probably have in your kitchen right now. It doesn’t get much better than that, am I right?!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The combination of honey, lemon and garlic is chef’s kiss!
- Dinner in under 30 minutes? Yes, please!
- You only need 5 simple ingredients (plus salt + pepper) and you probably already have them in your kitchen.
Salmon Health Benefits
Salmon is a superfood in my book! It’s packed with long-chain omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation and blood pressure. It’s a great source of protein and has a ton of key vitamins and minerals. Studies have linked salmon to protecting brain health, reducing heart disease and weight control. (Source)
- salmon filets – you’ll want about one pound of evenly sized filets of salmon with the skin on. I recommend getting individual filets from your grocer but don’t be afraid of frozen filets, either! Flash-frozen fish can be just as healthy. Just make sure the salmon is thawed if you are using frozen filets.
- butter – ghee or olive/avocado oil work as well.
- garlic – adds a delicious, robust flavor to the sauce.
- honey – for a hint of sweetness in the sauce.
- lemon – this will brighten all of the flavors in the dish. I recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice as opposed to store-bought.
- sea salt and black pepper – these will be added to taste to bring the flavors of the dish together.
- fresh parsley – adding fresh herbs as a garnish is the perfect flavor enhancer and a nice pop of color.
How to Make
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with aluminum foil. In a small mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, garlic, honey and lemon juice.
Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then pour butter mixture over salmon and top with lemon slices. Fold foil over salmon to cover.
Bake for about 15 minutes until flaky and cooked through. Time will depend on the thickness of your salmon.
Spoon remaining juices over salmon when serving. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve salmon with a lemon wedge and chopped parsley for garnish, if desired.
What to Serve With This Lemon Garlic Salmon
This is such a great recipe because it pairs with so many different sides! I love serving it with a grain and a veggie but feel free to switch it up. Here are some ideas:
Salad options: Garlicky Kale Salad, Easy Quinoa Salad, Healthy Pasta Salad, Zoodle Salad
Veggies: Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Air Fryer Asparagus, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Summer Squash and Zucchini, Apple Cider Vinegar Brussels Sprouts, Easy Roasted Carrots, Cauliflower Rice, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
How to Store Leftovers
This salmon will keep fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I recommend reheating for a few minutes in the oven or on the stovetop.
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Herbs
- Grilled Salmon Salad
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Blackened Salmon
- Superfood Salmon Salad
- Salmon Burgers
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad
- Salmon Mac and Cheese Bowls
- Salmon Salad
- Easy Salmon Meal Prep Bowl
Be sure to check out all of the popular salmon recipes here on EBF!
Honey Lemon Garlic Salmon
- 1 lb salmon, 2-4 filets
- 2 Tablespoons butter, ghee or oil, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 lemon wedges or slices, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, honey and lemon juice.
- Line baking tray with foil enough to fold over and seal salmon.
- Place salmon on foil, skin side down and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then pour butter mixture over salmon and top with lemon slices. Fold foil over salmon to cover.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until flaky and cooked. Time will depend on the thickness of your salmon.
- Spoon remaining juices over salmon when serving. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve salmon with a lemon wedge and chopped parsley for garnish, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.