This clean eating balsamic salmon recipe will become your go-to salmon recipe. It’s so easy and takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets (about 3–4 oz each)
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes. Just make sure you don’t overcook the salmon.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Sear
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 1 piece of salmon
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: balsamic salmon, seared salmon