Air Fryer Zucchini
Published Dec 28, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Make air fryer zucchini in just 15 minutes with a little oil and seasonings! It’s perfectly tender and makes for a quick and healthy side dish for any meal.
If you haven’t tried making air fryer zucchini before here’s your sign!
It cooks up in less time than in the oven and always end up perfectly tender and caramelized. I could legit eat a whole plate of this zucchini to myself (which I may or may not have done before), but I love making this recipe for a quick and easy side dish for dinner.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Zucchini
- Easy — This recipe cooks up in about 15 minutes, which is less time than it takes to cook zucchini in the oven, making this recipe the perfect side dish for busy weeknights.
- Customizable — Feel free to use your favorite seasonings and make this recipe your own!
- Versatile — Serve this dish as a side, as part of a salad or as a snack!
- zucchini – the star of the show! You’ll need two medium zucchinis, that you’ll cut into slices and then into ½-inch chunks.
- olive oil or avocado oil – just enough to coat the zucchini chunks, helping them to cook in the air fryer.
- sea salt – to bring out the natural flavors of the zucchini.
- garlic powder – for a subtle hint of garlic, because who doesn’t love garlic?!
- black pepper – just a pinch for that slight spicy kick and added flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini
This air fryer zucchini couldn’t be any easier to make!
Just cut the zucchini into ½-inch chunks and toss with oil, sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper in a bowl. Place the seasoned zucchini slices in the air fryer basket and air fry at 390°F for 15-17 minutes, tossing a few times until tender and golden brown.
- Cut even pieces: Make sure to cut all your zucchini close to the same size to ensure they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd: Cook the zucchini in batches if necessary. You want to cook it in a single layer as to not overcrowd the veggies otherwise they could end up mushy.
- Shake or toss: Shake or toss the zucchini halfway through cooking for an even golden-brown finish.
- Adjust to taste: Adjust the seasoning according to your preference. You can always add more after cooking.
The options are endless when it comes to roasted zucchini flavor variations! Here are some ideas to try:
- Spicy – For those who love some heat, sprinkle a bit of chili powder, cayenne pepper or chili flakes onto the zucchini before tossing them in the air fryer.
- Balsamic glazed – Toss the zucchini chunks with balsamic vinegar in addition to the seasonings.
- Herby – Add a sprinkle of your favorite dried herbs before air frying. Rosemary, thyme, basil or Italian seasoning can elevate the flavor profile of this zucchini.
- Parmesan – Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the zucchini chunks for a cheesy crunch.
- Breaded – Toss the zucchini chunks in panko breadcrumbs for a nice crunch.
- Fries – Make air fryer zucchini fries by cutting the zucchini into longer pieces. You could follow my recipe for zucchini fries and just cook them in the air fryer.
- Chips – Make air fryer zucchini chips by cutting the zucchini into thin circles before air frying. The cook time will likely vary.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Zucchini
As I mentioned above, this recipe is extremely versatile. Here are some ideas:
- Alongside a protein – This zucchini recipe can accompany a variety of protein dishes. Think grilled chicken, baked salmon or a juicy steak.
- In a bowl – Add this zucchini to a buddha bowl, chicken protein bowl or roasted harvest bowl.
- In a salad – Add a warm, hearty element to your green salads by tossing in air-fried zucchini. Try this roasted vegetable salad.
- With a dip – Pair these air-fried zucchini slices with your favorite dipping sauce like this vegan ranch dressing.
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Zucchini
One thing I don’t recommend is making a big batch of air fryer zucchini to store as meal prep. Air fryer vegetables tend to lose their crispiness after you refrigerate them, which in my opinion is a big reason to use the air fryer in the first place!
To store: However, you can absolutely store leftovers in the fridge to enjoy later, they’ll still taste delicious they’ll just lose their crispness. After cooling, place leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To reheat: Just place the zucchini in the air fryer in a single layer and cook at 375°F for 1-2 minutes. You can also reheat them in a toaster oven, regular oven or microwave. Just note that the zucchini will get soft if you reheat them in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Zucchini
- Chop zucchini into ½-inch chunks. You want the pieces to be pretty similar in size so they cook evenly and you don’t want the pieces too small. Add the zucchini to a bowl and toss with the oil, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Transfer zucchini to the air fryer basket and air fry at 390°F for 15-17 minutes, tossing zucchini a few times. You’ll know it’s done when the zucchini is tender with a few golden brown spots.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.