Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Published Dec 26, 2021, Updated Jun 15, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These air fryer brussels sprouts are crispy, flavorful and absolutely addicting! They’re the perfect healthy side dish for any occasion and can be whipped up in under 15 minutes.
I recently purchased a new air fryer.
I know, I know… I’m late to the trend, but when air fryers first came out I wasn’t sold on needing one. We have a small kitchen so buying another large kitchen appliance wasn’t appealing and I honestly assumed that an air fryer was just a small convention oven, something I already own.
While that’s essentially what it is, there is something about an actual air fryer that is different. Not sure if it’s the fact that it warms up quickly or the little grate that you cook the food on, but it definitely makes things more crisp (almost as if they were fried!) and it’s so fast!
Now that I’ve had my Ninja air fryer for a few months I can say that Isaac and I obsessed. We use it almost daily and love how things turn out, especially veggies. Air fryer vegetables taste similar to roasted veggies (my fave!) but they cook up faster and tend to get crispier. It’s pretty awesome.
And one of my favorite veggies to make in the air fryer is brussels sprouts!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super simple! You chop the brussels, toss them in some seasoning and let the air fryer do the rest!
- They’re crispy, flavorful, and oh so addicting.
- You won’t feel guilty overindulging on these!
Here’s What You Need
- brussels sprouts – trim and cut your brussels sprouts into halves. Look for brussels sprouts that have bright green heads that are firm, feel heavy for their size with leaves that are tightly packed. Avoid yellow leaves or black spots and chop these off if needed.
- olive oil – you can also use avocado oil if you prefer. This coats the brussels sprouts, helping the seasoning to stick and gives them a nice, crispy texture.
- seasonings – a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Start by rinsing and trimming your brussels sprouts and then cutting them into halves. Add the halved sprouts to a bowl and toss with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Preheat your air fryer, if required for your model. Add the brussels sprouts to the air fryer and cook at 390ºF for about 10-12 minutes. Give them a toss halfway through and watch closely near the end of the cook time, just to make sure they don’t overcook and burn. Serve the brussels sprouts immediately and enjoy!
I love these brussels sprouts just as they are, but here are a few ideas to switch up the flavors:
- Parmesan – Add a sprinkle of fresh parmesan when you take them out of the air fryer for some cheesy goodness.
- Sweet + spicy – Go for a sweet and spicy combo by drizzling with honey and sprinkling with red pepper flakes.
- Bacon bits – Make some tempeh bacon or coconut bacon (or the real deal!), chop into small pieces and top your brussels sprouts with bacon ‘bits’ for some umami flavor!
- Balsamic vinegar – Simply drizzle some balsamic vinegar for an extra boost of flavor.
Air Fryer FAQ
That depends on your air fryer! Some recommend preheating and others do not require it. Check your owners’ manual to see what they recommend. If you don’t have a preheat setting, just set your air fryer to the required temperature about 3 minutes before adding your food.
It depends on the size of your basket.You’ll want to make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket or your food will not get crispy. You may need to cook in batches if your air fryer is on the small side. I was able to do this full recipe at one time in my 4 quart air fryer.
I do not recommend spraying aerosol spray directly on your air fryer! Like most non-stick items, it’s best to avoid sprays like Pam as it can mess with the finish. You can however use an oil mister or non aerosol sprays. I really like the Chosen Foods avocado oil spray.
I do not recommend making these in advance because they will lose their crispiness, but you can put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, warm them in the oven or air fryer at 350ºF for a few minutes until warm throughout.
How to Serve Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
These air fryer brussels sprouts make an excellent side dish! Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve with apple cider vinegar chicken or crispy baked tofu and cauliflower rice for a complete meal of proteins, healthy fats and carbs.
- Top this garlicky kale salad (or any salad) with additional greens!
- Serve alongside tomato basil soup and sourdough bread to amp up the nutrients!
How to Store And Reheat
Chances are you won’t have any leftovers to store! But if you do, you can put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Be aware that they will lose their crispiness. To reheat, warm them in the oven or air fryer at 350ºF for a few minutes until warm throughout.
I do not recommend freezing them as they will get mushy and lose their texture once thawed.
Looking For More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Apple Cider Vinegar Brussels Sprouts
- Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- Date Sweetened Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout Chopped Salad
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Be sure to check out all of my brussels sprouts recipes and the full collection of the air fryer recipes here on EBF!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- Rinse, trim and cut brussels sprouts into halves.
- Add brussels sprouts to a bowl and toss with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer if required. Add brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook on 390°F for 10-12 minutes, tossing once halfway. Be sure to keep an eye on them towards the end to make sure they don't overcook and burn.
- Once brussels are nice and crispy transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Hi i love to try you’re recipes