Published Jul 02, 2021, Updated Jan 05, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These viral air fryer pasta chips are such a fun snack idea. They’re super crunchy, flavorful and just as addictive as regular potato chips!
TikTok seems to love a good pasta trend. First it was baked feta pasta and now it’s air fryer pasta chips! I recently tried them for myself and had to share the recipe because they’re crunchy, delicious and such a fun snack idea.
I honestly never would have thought to put pasta in the air fryer but I’m so glad I did because these pasta chips are really tasty and super addicting.
Can I Bake Pasta Chips?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can totally bake them in a regular oven but they probably won’t get as crunchy. Just bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes. I tested it using the convection setting on my oven (which is similar to an air fryer) and it worked, but the pasta chips definitely weren’t as crunchy.
- pasta – any pasta will do, but there are certain pasta shapes that work better. I recommend farfalle or penne. You can use gluten-free pasta, if needed.
- olive oil – you only need a tiny bit.
- grated parmesan cheese – the cheese adds a ton of flavor to the chips so I highly recommend adding it. If you’re vegan or dairy-free, try my vegan parmesan.
- seasonings – Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt season the pasta chips perfectly.
- marinara – for dipping
Once you have all your ingredients, these pasta chips are a breeze to whip up in the air-fryer. Just follow the recipe below.
More Fun Chip Recipes
Try These Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 8 oz pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt,, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara, for dipping
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain, but no need to rinse.
- Add cooked pasta to a large bowl with olive oil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt. Toss until coated.
- Place seasoned pasta into your air fryer in a single layer and air fry on 400°F for 10 minutes or until pasta is nice and golden brown and crunchy. Toss once or twice while the pasta is cooking. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. I actually put the whole batch in my air fryer and it worked, but it took 20 minutes instead of 10.
- Once pasta chips are cooked, remove from the air fryer, let cool and enjoy. They're delicious served up with marinara sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.