Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Published Mar 11, 2021, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This healthy, creamy balsamic vinaigrette combines balsamic vinegar and olive oil with Greek yogurt for a tasty salad dressing that’s super versatile.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: dressing makes or breaks a salad. It’s gotta be tasty or it can totally ruin a salad or even make it unhealthy.
I have a ton of healthy salad dressing recipes here on EBF and we’re adding to the collection with this creamy balsamic vinaigrette!
It’s tangy, slightly sweet and super creamy thanks to the added Greek yogurt. It’s also pretty mild, which makes it super versatile.
Once you start making homemade dressing, I promise you won’t want to go back to store-bought. They’re so easy and super inexpensive!
Plus, store-bought dressings are usually filled with unnecessary ingredients like cheap oils, added sugar and preservatives.
- balsamic vinegar – grab a good, high quality balsamic. It will give your homemade dressings such amazing flavor.
- olive oil – I like extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings.
- plain Greek yogurt – I recommend full fat Greek yogurt, but you can use low-fat or non-fat if needed. You can also use dairy-free yogurt to make this dairy-free and vegan.
- Dijon mustard – the flavor of dijon is great in the dressing, but another mustard, like stone-ground mustard will also work.
- honey – just a touch for a hint of sweetness! You could swap for maple syrup to make this vegan or use stevia or monkfruit for a zero-sugar option!
- garlic powder – this is just for extra flavor. Feel free to use fresh garlic (maybe 1 cloves) or dried garlic granules if you’d like.
- salt and pepper – necessary for balancing the flavors!
How to Make Creamy Balsamic Dressing
Ready for the simplest instructions ever?
Simply whisk all ingredients in a bowl until the dressing is combined and smooth. If you want to take a shortcut (or want to make sure the dressing is extra creamy) mix in a blender or use an immersion blender. Easy peasy!
This dressing keeps great! After whisking the dressing together, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. I love using small mason jars for storing my dressings.
If any separation occurs during storage, simply shake, whisk or blend for a few seconds before serving.
What is Creamy Balsamic Good On?
Everything! Kidding… kind of.
This creamy balsamic dressing is a great staple recipe to have around! It’s delicious on just about any salad recipe. I originally created it to go with my spinach salad, but I also love drizzling it on roasted vegetables or grain bowls.
More Salad Dressings to Try:
- Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Dressing
- Zesty Tahini Dressing
- Poppyseed Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Love Salad? Try These Recipes:
- Superfood Salmon Salad
- Greek Salad
- Classic Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Spinach Salad
Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Whisk: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined and creamy. You can also blend everything together in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. If any separation occurs during storage, simply whisk or blend for a few seconds before serving.
- Garlic: Feel free to use fresh garlic (1 clove minced) in place of the garlic powder.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.