15 Healthy Asparagus Recipes for Spring
Published Mar 24, 2022, Updated Sep 18, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
15 healthy asparagus recipes perfect for spring! From humble side dish to main entree, asparagus is rich in antioxidants and high in fiber.
When I find myself getting caught in spontaneous rain showers, enjoying late-evening sunsets and waking up to a dusting of pale yellow pollen all over my car in the morning – that’s when I know it’s spring! Not only do I get spring fever to go outside (hello working on my patio!) and start exploring new trails to blaze, but I also get adventurous in trying new recipes for the season’s produce! Asparagus is one of spring’s finest veggies, and I’m pumped to stock up on them from the farmers market over the next few weeks.
Asparagus spears are much like wildflowers – they can be laid-back for a weeknight supper or dressed up for an elegant backyard dinner party. Either way, they can be the show-stopper at any meal!
Health Benefits of Asparagus
On the nutrition front, asparagus is a low calorie vegetable that is rich in vitamins and minerals (namely folate and vitamins A, C and K) and antioxidants. It’s also high in fiber and a natural diuretic, helping remove excess water and salt from the body. This is be really helpful if you’re struggling with bloating or water retention.
Points for color. Points for health benefits. Negative points for stinky pee – but it’s worth it! 😉
Asparagus Recipes To Make This Spring
Basically asparagus is the cool kid at the table and there are so many ways you can flavor, cook and serve it. That’s why I put together this fun round-up of recipes from some of my fave blogging friends. Get inspired, grab yourself a bundle of spears and get cooking!
Air Fryer Asparagus
Asparagus Salad with Lemon and Feta
Strawberry Spinach Mason Jar Salad
Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus over Zucchini Noodle Pasta
Lemon Garlic Chicken + Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
Spring Quinoa Salad
Grilled Shrimp Salad
Hummus Collard Wraps
Nicoise Mason Jar Salad
Creamy Asparagus Pea Soup
Asparagus and Sweet Potato Hash with Chimichurri
Sauteed Asparagus with Candied Bacon
Tomato Basil Zucchini Pasta with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
More Recipe Collections You Might Enjoy
- 18 Hearty Vegan Salads
- 12 Healthy Dinner Salads
- How to Make Almond Milk + Almond Milk Recipes
- 16 Tofu Recipes That You’ll Crave
- How to Cook Tempeh + Tempeh Recipes
- The BEST Tahini recipes
- 50+ Vegetable Side Dishes
- 21 High Protein Vegetarian Meals
- 30 High Protein Snack Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Drinks
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes
- 30+ High Protein Lunch Recipes
- 100 Healthy Baking Recipes
15 Healthy Asparagus Recipes (+ Roasted Asparagus)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.