This strawberry spinach salad is loaded with roasted asparagus, grilled chicken, crunchy cucumber slices, avocado, red onion, toasted almond silvers and a citrus poppy seed dressing. Toss all the ingredients into a mason jar for a healthy, portable lunch that’s way better (and prettier) than your average restaurant salad.
Have you hopped on the MASON JAR SALAD train yet?!? Please say yes.
Everything You Need to Make a Strawberry Spinach Mason Jar Salad
This strawberry spinach salad takes advantage of the spring’s bounty with a variety of seasonal ingredients including: strawberries, roasted asparagus, grilled chicken, crunchy cucumber slices, creamy avocado, red onion, toasted almond slices and a sweet and tangy homemade poppy seed dressing.
For the grilled chicken, you can grill it however you like, but my apple cider vinegar grilled chicken works great for this recipe.
How to Prep a Mason Jar Salad
Mason jar salads are really easy to prep, but there’s a method to the madness. Here’s how you want to layer your salads:
- Dressing first
- Veggies that will respond well to marinating in the dressing (things like cucumbers, onions, squash and mushrooms work great for this)
- Moisture-resistant veggies
- Greens (spinach, spring mix, romaine, etc)
- Toppings (cheese, nuts, dried fruit, etc)
Want More Mason Jar Salad Ideas?
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad with Chili Vinaigrette
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Tropical Sriracha Chicken Salad
- Carrot Noodle Salad with Sweet Chili Sesame Vinaigrette
- Spring Cobb Salad with a Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette Print
If you make this Strawberry Spinach Mason Jar salad be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other EBF readers!Print
This salad is loaded with roasted asparagus, grilled chicken, crunchy cucumber slices, avocado, red onion, toasted almond silvers and a citrus poppy seed dressing.
- 6 Tablespoons citrus poppy seed dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 4 large strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 6–8 ounces grilled or baked skinless chicken breast
- 1 5 oz bag of spinach
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- Make dressing by whisking together all ingredients. Recipe will make a little less than ¾ cup of dressing.
- Take two wide-mouth 32 oz mason jars and layer salad ingredients. Start with 3 Tablespoons of dressing in each jar, divide remaining salad ingredients in half and start layering in this order: onions, cucumbers, strawberries, asparagus, chicken, avocado, spinach and almonds.
- When ready to serve, shake each jar and pour into a bowl.
If you’re vegetarian feel free to skip the chicken and use another protein source like hard boiled eggs, baked tofu, tempeh or chickpeas.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad