These easy and healthy veggie packed hummus collard wraps are perfect for light lunch, appetizer or snack. Vegan and gluten-free. Made in partnership with Sabra.
Guess what today is? Friday. Woo-hoo. But wait, it’s also National Hummus Day!!! Y’all know how much I love hummus… so obviously I’m celebrating.
I can not think of a better way to celebrate than with these hummus collard wraps.
Have you tried collard wraps yet? Please say yes. Maybe you’ve tried with tempeh and sweet potato collard wraps?
If not, they’re like lettuce wraps. Only I think they’re a little better because collard leaves are bigger and stronger than most lettuce leaves so you can make massive burrito-like wraps without them falling apart on ya. If you haven’t tried them yet, you must step up your wrap game and try them. Even if you’re not a huge raw collard green person. Once you stuff the leaf with copious amounts of hummus and veggies, you won’t even realize you’re using a uber healthy collard leaf instead of a carby flour wrap. <– This is coming from the girl who loves raw collard greens salad so you can take that with a grain of salt. 😉
The lovely part about these wraps is that they’re insanely easy to whip up, require no cooking and are amazingly healthy. They’re like a salad in wrap form!
And they’re totally customizable too! You can use whatever veggies you have on hand — keep them raw or roast them for extra flavor. I used lots of crunchy raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, radish and cabbage) along with a few roasted asparagus spears. I think adding at least one roasted veggie is perfect because it adds a different texture and a little caramelized, roasted flavor to the wrap.
For the hummus, I went with Sabra’s basil pesto hummus to really give the wraps some herby flavor, but you can use whatever flavor of hummus you love. I’m thinking Roasted Red Pepper, Supremely Spicy and/or Olive Tapenade would be great options.
Ready to celebrate National Hummus Day yourself? Head over to the Sabra website for a printable coupon, grab a container of hummus and make these wraps. Eat them for lunch, dinner, a snack or any meal in between! You really can’t go wrong with something this easy and tasty.
Easy and healthy hummus collard wraps with crunchy carrots, cucumbers, cabbage and roasted asparagus.
- 2 collard leaves
- 1/2 cup basil pesto hummus
- 10 asparagus spears, roasted or raw
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and sliced into short thin strips
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced into short thin strips
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced into short thin strips
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado
- micro greens, sprouts or baby greens
- Wash and dry collard leaves and then use a paring knife to shave down the stems. This will make them much easier to fold.
- Place collard leaves on a flat surface, spread 1/4 cup of hummus near the top/middle of each leaf, fill each leaf with the remaining veggies, splitting each amount between the two wraps. Wrap the leaves as you would a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 280 |
- Sugar: 6g |
- Fat: 20g |
- Carbohydrates: 24g |
- Fiber: 11g |
- Protein: 9g
Disclosure: I am a Sabra Tastemaker and this post is brought to you by Sabra Dipping Co., LLC. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EBF possible.