Crunchy, flavorful Greek salad paired with hummus and stuffed into a whole grain wrap to make a healthy and portable lunch.
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 4 whole grain wraps (I used brown rice)
- 1/2 cup garlic hummus
Greek Salad Dressing
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of raw cane sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients for the dressing into a jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add as much dressing as you’d like and stir to combine.
- Plate and serve as a salad OR spread hummus onto wraps, add a portion of mixed salad to each, wrap like a burrito and serve.
You can easily boost the protein content by adding chickpeas, grilled chicken or shrimp.
Feel free to play around with the measurements of the toppings based on your preference. I like being heavy headed with the veggies (cucumber, tomatoes and onion)!
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g