A delicious tempeh collard wrap with hummus, slices of baked sweet potato, green pepper, red onion and cranberries.
- 2 collard green leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 block (6 oz) of tempeh, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
- 2–3 Tablespoons hummus
- 1 small baked sweet potato, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/8 red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- pinch of ground pepper and sea salt, optional
- De-stem your collard leaves. I use a paring knife to shave down the stem rather than cutting it out completely.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat and place tempeh slices onto pan. Let cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until it’s starting to brown a little. You don’t really have to cook tempeh as it’s safe to eat straight from the package but I like to warm it up a bit.
- Place the collard leaves on a flat surface, spread 1.5 Tablespoons of hummus near the top/middle of each leaf, fill each leaf with half of the remaining ingredients and wrap up like a burrito.
- Cut each wrap in half and enjoy.
- Your sweet potato needs to be baked beforehand and cool enough to slice into chunks. Follow my baked sweet potato instructions for how to bake it.
- I haven’t had any trouble wrapping these, however if your collards seem hard to wrap you can steam them for 20-30 seconds by laying them on the same pan you use to heat the tempeh while it’s warm.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Wrap
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tempeh collard wrap