Avocado Ranch Dressing
Published Jul 17, 2020, Updated May 16, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This vegan avocado ranch dressing is unbelievably creamy and loaded with herby flavor. It’s the perfect healthy replacement for regular ranch when topping salads or as a dip for veggies.
To be honest, ranch has never been my dressing of choice. Catalina (or French) was my absolute favorite growing up, and to this day, I still lean toward sweeter dressings like honey mustard. That said, I do love a savory dressing every once in a while and I know that pretty much everyone adores ranch, so this little recipe had to happen.
I have to admit that while doing recipe testing for this post I realized that I’m more of a ranch fan than I originally thought. Maybe my tastebuds have changed or maybe it’s because this homemade version tastes waaaay better than the store-bought ranch I remember from childhood. Either way, I’m not mad about it.
Avocado Instead of Mayo
Most ranch dressings start with a base of mayo, sour cream and buttermilk, but I knew from the get-go that I wanted to skip those things. I opted for Almond Breeze almondmilk with lemon juice to replace the buttermilk, along with avocado and olive oil to replace the mayo and sour cream.
The result is a delicious, herby dressing that’s just as creamy, if not creamier then regular ranch. It’s seriously the best!
Another great thing about this avocado ranch dressing (and ranch dressing in general) is that it’s super versatile and can be used in a variety of ways.
How To Use This Dressing
- as a dressing on a traditional salad
- drizzled over cooked veggies
- as a dip for veggies, cauliflower wings or pizza
- as a sub for mayo with chicken or tuna salad
- as a sauce for fajitas, tacos or burritos
So many options. You may need to make a double batch!
More Salad Ideas
- How to Build a Healthy Meal-Sized Salad
- 6 Healthy Homemade Salad Dressings
- Healthy Store-Bought Salad Dressings
More Dressing Ideas
- Blueberry Tahini Dressing
- Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Peanut Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Basil Vinaigrette
- Healthy Poppyseed Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, basil or dill (pick your favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and process until smooth and creamy, adding more almondmilk if the dressing seems too thick. Once the texture is to your liking, taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the dressing in to a container for serving. Use over salad, cooked veggies or as dip. Dressing should keep for 1-2 days in the fridge. Make 3/4 cup.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.