Published May 10, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This raspberry vinaigrette is made with fresh raspberries, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil and shallots. It’s creamy, tart, perfectly sweet and comes together in just 5 minutes!
Okay, this is a bold statement, but I think this raspberry vinaigrette dressing might just be my new favorite homemade salad dressing. I love the vibrant color it adds to salads and the flavor is chef’s kiss! It’s a little tart and a little sweet. It’s amazing on this strawberry kale salad.
Why You’ll Love This Dressing
- Raspberries are packed with vitamin C and rich in antioxidants!
- It’s super creamy and has just the right amount of sweetness.
- Super easy to whip up and only requires 5 simple ingredients (plus salt + pepper).
- Pairs perfectly with so many salads!
If you check the label of many store-bought raspberry vinaigrettes you’ll be shocked to see that many contain canola oil, corn syrup and flavor additives. No need for those things with this homemade dressing!
- fresh raspberries – the star of the show! They give this dressing a boost of vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants. Plus, add a bit of natural sweetness.
- honey – just a hint of natural sweetness to balance the flavors. Feel free to use maple syrup to make this dressing vegan.
- olive oil – I recommend using a higher quality extra virgin olive oil for salad dressings like this. Save your regular olive oil for cooking.
- red wine vinegar – again, look for a high-quality red wine vinegar (aka not the cheapest one on the shelf) because there are minimal ingredients in this dressing and the flavor really shines through. If you don’t have red wine vinegar on hand, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar will work.
- shallot – add in a little bit of this zesty ingredient for an added savory flavor.
- sea salt and black pepper – to enhance the flavors.
How to Serve Raspberry Vinaigrette
This dressing pairs well with so many different salads! Here are some ideas:
- Strawberry Kale Salad – this is the salad recipe I created this dressing for! It pairs baby kale with strawberries, chickpeas, grapes and pecans and this dressing really takes it to the next level.
- Spinach Blueberry Salad – swap the blueberry tahini for this berry dressing!
- Strawberry Salad – swap the balsamic vinaigrette for this dressing to add even more strawberry flavor.
- Summer Berry Salad – amp up the antioxidants in this salad with this raspberry dressing.
- Easy Spinach Salad – take this simple spinach salad to the next level with this raspberry vinaigrette dressing!
How to Store
I recommend storing leftovers in an airtight container or jar for up to one week in the fridge. I use these 8 oz mason jars and plastic lids for storing so I can easily shake to re-mix the ingredients before serving.
If the contents separate or solidify in the refrigerator, just let the dressing come to room temperature on the counter (or use a hot water bath) and then shake the dressing to combine!
More Vinaigrette Recipes to Try
- Basil Vinaigrette
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Go-To Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
Be sure to check out all of my salad dressing recipes as well as the full collection of salad recipes on EBF!
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons shallot, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Honey: To make this dressing vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Red Wine Vinegar: If you don’t have red wine vinegar on hand, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar would work.
- Shallot: White onion would be a good substitute for the shallot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Delicious! I added a couple tablespoons of water to thin it out. love it!
Yum! I am so glad this recipe turned out great of you. Thank you for your review & star rating, I truly appreciate it!