If you have pumpkin butter on hand, you can simply use that in place of the pumpkin glaze. It might not taste exactly the same as my version, but it will be pretty close.
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (about 4 oz each)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar + extra for sprinkling (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 –1/3 cup roasted and salted pepitas, crushed a little
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With a rack in the center.
- Make the glaze: In a small sauce pan on low, stir together pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, apple cider vinegar and sea salt until sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened just a bit.
- Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, in a single layer in a baking dish. Spread pumpkin glaze over the fish, coating evenly. Sprinkle a quarter of the pepitas over each fillet.
- Bake until fish is opaque but still bright pink inside, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with a an extra sprinkle of brown sugar on top.