Published Jun 26, 2023, Updated Nov 19, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This creamy 4-ingredient pineapple smoothie combines coconut milk with yogurt, frozen pineapple and banana. One sip and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical vacation.
I’ve been on a smoothie kick recently and one of my new go-to’s is this easy pineapple smoothie!
It combines frozen pineapple and banana with coconut milk for a super creamy, tropical smoothie that makes me feel like I’m sitting on a beach drinking a piña colada. It’s so refreshing and the perfect drink for hot summer days.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- It tastes delish – the pineapple flavor comes through wonderfully. Plus it’s creamy and refreshing, especially on a hot summer day.
- It’s so easy – all you need is a blender and 4 simple ingredients to whip this smoothie up.
- Perfect for kiddos and adults – everyone will love the tropical flavors of this pineapple smoothie.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- frozen pineapple – frozen pineapple is the star of the show for this smoothie.
- frozen banana – the banana adds a bit more natural sweetness and makes the smoothie thick and creamy.
- coconut milk – coconut milk adds creaminess and tropical flavor to this smoothie. I used light canned coconut milk. If you don’t have coconut milk on hand you can also use coconut water or another dairy-free milk of choice like almond milk or oat milk. You could also use juice for the liquid base of this smoothie like pineapple juice or orange juice, if desired.
- yogurt – this adds more creaminess and some protein. I like to use coconut yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt, but feel free to use your favorite yogurt of choice.
- honey or maple syrup – this is optional, but can be added if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
How to Make
Just place all of your ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Taste and adjust the consistency as desired, adding more liquid for a thinner smoothie or some ice for a thicker smoothie.
Pour your smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
Yes, you can totally use fresh pineapple for this smoothie but I actually prefer frozen because it gives the smoothie a thick and creamy texture.
Pineapple tastes really good blended with other tropical fruits like banana, mango and passionfruit.
It’s perfectly safe to blend pineapple with milk or eat the two foods together. That said, the enzyme bromelain found in pineapple can make milk curdle.
Variations & Mix-Ins
This smoothie is wonder as written, but feel free to play around with different flavor variations. Here are some ideas:
- Green pineapple smoothie: Add a handful of spinach or kale for a nutrient boost that won’t alter the tropical flavor.
- Protein piña colada smoothie: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a handful of unsweetened shredded coconut for a protein-packed piña colada smoothie.
- Tropical mix: Blend in some frozen mango or papaya for even more tropical taste.
- Pineapple ginger smoothie: A small piece of fresh ginger can add a nice zing to your smoothie and offers anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Pineapple berry smoothie: Mix in frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries for a sweet and tart addition.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Green Detox Smoothie
- Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Lemon Smoothie
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, or coconut water
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Touch of honey or maple syrup, optional
- Toppings: fresh pineapple and toasted shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with fresh pineapple and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.